Nan Yi and Si-Yu Chen contributed equally to this work.
Tunicamycin Inhibits PDGF-BB-Induced Proliferation and Migration of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells Through Induction of HO-1
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 9, pages 1462–1472, September 2012
How to Cite
Yi, N., Chen, S.-y., Ma, A., Chen, P.-s., Yao, B., Liang, T.-m. and Liu, C. (2012), Tunicamycin Inhibits PDGF-BB-Induced Proliferation and Migration of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells Through Induction of HO-1. Anat Rec, 295: 1462–1472. doi: 10.1002/ar.22539
- Issue published online: 16 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2012
- The National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program). Grant Number: 2012CB947600
- the Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University by the Chinese Ministry of Education (NCET)
- The National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 31171137
- The Key Project of Chinese Ministry of Education. Grant Number: 211062
- The Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China. Grant Number: 20103207110007
- The Fok Ying Tong Education Foundation. Grant Number: 121022
- The Major Program of Educational Commission of Jiangsu Province. Grant Number: 09KJA180004
- The Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD).
- 2006. Regulation of smooth muscle cells in development and vascular disease: current therapeutic strategies. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 4: 789–800. .
- 2001. Heme oxygenase-1 protects against vascular constriction and proliferation. Nat Med 7: 693–698. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2011. Protective role of heme oxygenase-1 against inflammation in atherosclerosis. Front Biosci 17: 2372–2388. .
- 2002. Vascular proliferation and atherosclerosis: new perspectives and therapeutic strategies. Nat Med 8: 1249–1256. , , .
- 2007. Regulation of the cell cycle inhibitor p27 and its ubiquitin ligase Skp2 in differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. FASEB J 21: 2807–2817. , , , , , .
- 1986. Induction of polyploidy in cultures of neonatal rat aortic smooth muscle cells. Circ Res 59: 633–644. , , .
- 2001. Thrombin activates the hypoxia-inducible factor-1 signaling pathway in vascular smooth muscle cells: Role of the p22 (phox)-containing NADPH oxidase. Circ Res 89: 47–54. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Mechanism of action and in vivo role of platelet-derived growth factor. Physiol Rev 79: 1283–1316. , .
- 2009. Free cholesterol overloading induced smooth muscle cells death and activated both ER- and mitochondrial-dependent death pathway. Atherosclerosis 207: 123–130. , , , , .
- 2009. Isoproterenol inhibits angiotensin II-stimulated proliferation and reactive oxygen species production in vascular smooth muscle cells through heme oxygenase-1. Biol Pharm Bull 32: 1047–1052. , , , .
- 2003. Platelet-derived growth factor activates production of reactive oxygen species by NAD(P)H oxidase in smooth muscle cells through Gi1,2. FASEB J 17: 38–40. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Novel gp91 (phox) homologues in vascular smooth muscle cells: nox1 mediates angiotensin II-induced superoxide formation and redox-sensitive signaling pathways. Circ Res 88: 888–894. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Endoplasmic reticulum stress stimulates heme oxygenase-1 gene expression in vascular smooth muscle. Role in cell survival. J Biol Chem 280: 872–877. , , , , , , .
- 1990. PDGF ligand and receptor gene expression during repair of arterial injury. J Cell Biol 111: 2149–2158. , , , , , .
- 2007. Nitric oxide selectively depletes macrophages in atherosclerotic plaques via induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress. Br J Pharmacol 152: 493–500. , , , , .
- 2000. Tripartite management of unfolded proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum. Cell 101: 451–454. .
- 2000. Molecular mechanisms in intimal hyperplasia. J Pathol 190: 300–309. , .
- 2011. Differential modulation of immunostimulant-triggered NO production by endoplasmic reticulum stress inducers in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 57: 434–438. , , , , .
- 2009. Inflammatory cytokines in vascular dysfunction and vascular disease. Biochem Pharmacol 78: 539–552. , .
- 1968. The enzymatic conversion of heme to bilirubin by microsomal heme oxygenase. Proc Natl Acad Sci 61: 748–755. , , .
- 2006. Methods for identifying cardiovascular agents: a review. Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov 1: 47–56. .
- 2006. Glucosamine-induced endoplasmic reticulum dysfunction is associated with accelerated atherosclerosis in a hyperglycemic mouse model. Diabetes 55: 93–101. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Homocysteine-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress causes dysregulation of the cholesterol and triglyceride biosynthetic pathways. J Clin Invest 107: 1263–1273. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Endoplasmic reticulum stress: cell life and death decisions. J Clin Invest 115: 2656–2664. , , .
- 2005. Tumor necrosis factor α (TNFα) induces the unfolded protein response (UPR) in a reactive oxygen species (ROS)-dependent fashion, and the UPR counteracts ROS accumulation by TNFα. J Biol Chem 280: 33917–33925. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2006. Curcumin inhibits platelet-derived growth factor-stimulated vascular smooth muscle cell function and injury-induced neointima formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26: 85–90. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2003. Role of JNK, p38, and ERK in platelet-derived growth factor-induced vascular proliferation, migration, and gene expression. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23: 795–801. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Signaling the unfolded protein response from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem 279: 25935–25938. , .
- 2002. Overexpression of heme oxygenase-1 protects smooth muscle cells against oxidative injury and inhibits cell proliferation. Cell Res 12: 123–132. , , , .