Ping Fang and Xin Zhang are the first authors and contributed equally to the work.
Reversal Effect of Melanoma Differentiation Associated Gene-7/Interleukin-24 on Multidrug Resistance in Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 10, pages 1639–1646, October 2012
How to Cite
Fang, P., Zhang, X., Gao, Y., Ding, C.-R., Cui, F. and Jiao, S.-C. (2012), Reversal Effect of Melanoma Differentiation Associated Gene-7/Interleukin-24 on Multidrug Resistance in Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Anat Rec, 295: 1639–1646. doi: 10.1002/ar.22551
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 NOV 2011
- 2011. Autophagy switches to apoptosis in prostate cancer cells infected with melanoma differentiation associated gene-7/interleukin-24 (mda-7/IL-24). Autophagy 9: 1076–1077. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP-1) is associated with high grade, advanced stage and p53 and p16 alterations in endometrial carcinomas. Histopathology 3: 567–571. , , , , , .
- 2009. Antitumor activity of an adenovirus harboring two therapeutic genes, anti-VEGF ribozyme and human IL-24, in colon cancer. Mol Med Report 5: 693–700. , , , , .
- 2011. A promising strategy for overcoming MDR in tumor by magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles co-loaded with daunorubicin and 5-bromotetrandrin. Int J Nanomed 6: 2123–2131. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. The development of MDA-7/IL-24 as a cancer therapeutic. Pharmacol Ther 2: 375–384. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Cutting edge: STAT activation by IL-19, IL-20 and mda-7 through IL-20 receptor complexes of two types. J Immunol 167: 3545–3549. , , , , .
- 2007. Melanoma differentiation associated gene-7/interleukin-24 reverses multidrug resistance in human colorectal cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther 6: 2985–2994. , , , , , , .
- 2004. The MRP-related and BCRP/ABCG2 multidrug resistance proteins: biology, substrate specificity and regulation. Curr Drug Metab 5: 21–53. , , , .
- 2011. Forced expression of heat shock protein 27 (Hsp27) reverses P-glycoprotein (ABCB1)-mediated drug efflux and MDR1 gene expression in Adriamycin-resistant human breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem 38: 33289–33300. , , , .
- 2012. Corrector-mediated rescue of misprocessed CFTR mutants can be reduced by the P-glycoprotein drug pump. Biochem Pharmacol 3: 345–354. , , , .
- 2011. Multidrug resistance-associated biomarkers PGP, GST-pi, Topo-II and LRP as prognostic factors in primary ovarian carcinoma. Br J Biomed Sci 2: 69–74. , , , , .
- 2010. The p38 MAPK regulates IL-24 expression by stabilization of the 3′ UTR of IL-24 mRNA. PLoS One 1: e8671. , , , , , , ,
- 2012. P-glycoprotein silencing with siRNA delivered by DOPE-modified PEI overcomes doxorubicin resistance in breast cancer cells. Nanomedicine (Lond) 1: 65–78. , , , , ,
- 2011. MDA-7 results in downregulation of AKT concomitant with apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in breast cancer cells. Cancer Gene Ther 7: 510–519. , , , , , , , .
- 2012. The proteasome inhibitor bortezomib reverses P-glycoprotein-mediated leukemia multi-drug resistance through the NF-κB pathway. Pharmazie 2:187–192. , , , , , , ,
- 2010. Ad.mda-7 (IL-24) selectively induces apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines, suppresses metastasis, and enhances the effect of doxorubicin on xenograft tumors. Oncol Res 11–12: 561–574. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Adenovirus-mediated Il-24 expression suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma growth via induction of cell apoptosis and cycling arrest and reduction of angiogenesis. Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22: 56–63. , , , , .
- 2010. Double-regulated oncolytic adenovirus-mediated interleukin-24 overexpression exhibits potent antitumor activity on gastric adenocarcinoma. Hum Gene Ther 21: 855–864. , , , .
- 2010. Oncolytic adenovirus-mediated MDA-7/IL-24 overexpression enhances antitumor activity in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6: 615–621. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. 5-Nitro-2-(3-phenylpropylamino) benzoic acid induced drug resistance to cisplatin in human erythroleukemia cell lines. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 6: 945–952. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Novel functions for mda-7/IL-24 and IL-24 delE5: regulation of differentiation of acute myeloid leukemic cells. Mol Cancer Ther 4: 615–625. , , , , , , , .
- 2011a. Potent antitumor effect elicited by RGD-mda-7, an mda-7/IL-24 mutant, via targeting the integrin receptor of tumor cells. Cancer Biother Radiopharm 5: 647–655. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011b. ATX-LPA axis induces expression of OPN in hepatic cancer cell SMMC7721. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 3: 406–411. , , , , , .
- 2012. Prognostic evaluation of CapG, Gelsolin, P-gp, GSTP1, and Topo-II proteins in non-small cell lung cancer. Anat Rec 2: 208–214. , , , , , , , .