Drs. Xiaotong Guo and Wei Wang contributed equally to this work.
Lentivirus-Mediated RNAi Knockdown of NUPR1 Inhibits Human Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer Growth In Vitro and In Vivo
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 295, Issue 12, pages 2114–2121, December 2012
How to Cite
Guo, X., Wang, W., Hu, J., Feng, K., Pan, Y., Zhang, L. and Feng, Y. (2012), Lentivirus-Mediated RNAi Knockdown of NUPR1 Inhibits Human Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer Growth In Vitro and In Vivo. Anat Rec, 295: 2114–2121. doi: 10.1002/ar.22571
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 NOV 2011
- Key Project of Chinese Ministry of Education. Grant Number: 211050
- Department of Education of Heilongjiang Province of China. Grant Numbers: 1251G065, 11541381, YJSCX2011-289HLJ
- Department of Public Health of Heilongjiang Province of China. Grant Numbers: 2007-005, 2009-456
- Department of Science & Technology of Mudanjiang. Grant Number: Z2011S007
- 2009. Emerging role of nuclear protein 1 (NUPR1) in cancer biology. Cancer Metastasis Rev 28: 225–232. , , , .
- 2008. NUPR1 interacts with p53, transcriptionally regulates p21 and rescues breast epithelial cells from doxorubicin-induced genotoxic stress. Curr Cancer Drug Targets 8: 421–430. , , , , , , .
- 2011. RNAi-mediated silencing of VEGF-C inhibits non-small cell lung cancer progression by simultaneously down-regulating the CXCR4, CCR7, VEGFR-2 and VEGFR-3-dependent axes-induced ERK, p38 and AKT signalling pathways. Eur J Cancer 47: 2353–2363. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Angiotensin peptides and lung cancer. Curr Cancer Drug Targets 11: 394–404. , , , , .
- 2009. p8/nupr1 regulates DNA-repair activity after double-strand gamma irradiation-induced DNA damage. J Cell Physiol 221: 594–602. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. p8 is a new target of gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res 12: 235–241. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Cancer statistics, 2010. CA Cancer J Clin 60: 277–300. , , , .
- 2005a. Com-1/P8 in oestrogen regulated growth of breast cancer cells, the ER-beta connection. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330: 253–262. , , .
- 2006. Com-1/p8 acts as a putative tumour suppressor in prostate cancer. Int J Mol Med 18: 981–986. , , , , , .
- 2005b. Expression of Com-1/P8 in human breast cancer and its relevance to clinical outcome and ER status. Int J Cancer 117: 730–737. , , , , , .
- 2010. Deficiency of the transcriptional regulator p8 results in increased autophagy and apoptosis, and causes impaired heart function. Mol Biol Cell 21: 1335–1349. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Regulation of apoptosis by the p8/prothymosin alpha complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103: 2671–2676. , , , , , .
- 1997. Cloning and expression of the rat p8 cDNA, a new gene activated in pancreas during the acute phase of pancreatitis, pancreatic development, and regeneration, and which promotes cellular growth. J Biol Chem 272: 32360–32369. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. American Society of Clinical Oncology treatment of unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer guideline: update 2003. J Clin Oncol 22: 330–353. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of a novel factor, com1, in early tumor progression of breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 6: 1778–1783. , , , , .
- 1999. Expression of a novel factor in human breast cancer cells with metastatic potential. Cancer Res 59: 4675–4680. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The small chromatin-binding protein p8 coordinates the association of anti-proliferative and pro-myogenic sproteins at the myogenin promoter. J Cell Sci 122: 3481–3491. , , , , , .
- 2001. Expression of p8 in human pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res 7: 309–313. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. World Health Organization international histological classification of tumors: histological typing of lung and pleural tumors. 3rd ed. Berlin: Springer. , , , , .