Canalostomy as a Surgical Approach for Cochlear Gene Therapy in the Rat
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Special Issue: The Anatomy and Biology of Hearing and Balance: Cochlear and Vestibular Implants
Volume 295, Issue 11, pages 1830–1836, November 2012
How to Cite
Gassner, D., Durham, D., Pfannenstiel, S. C., Brough, D. E. and Staecker, H. (2012), Canalostomy as a Surgical Approach for Cochlear Gene Therapy in the Rat. Anat Rec, 295: 1830–1836. doi: 10.1002/ar.22593
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUL 2012
- 2009. New ectopic vestibular hair cell-like cells induced by Math1 gene transfer in postnatal rats. Brain Res 1276: 31–38. , , , , , .
- 2009. Gene therapy in the inner ear using adenovirus vectors. Adv Otorhinolaryngol 66: 37–51. , .
- 2005. Effect of unilateral noise exposure on the tonotopic distribution of spontaneous activity in the cochlear nucleus and inferior colliculus in the cortically intact and decorticate rat. J Comp Neurol 490: 391–413. , .
- 2001. A surgical approach appropriate for targeted cochlear gene therapy in the mouse. Hear Res 151: 106–114. , , , .
- 1997. Surgical anatomy of the rat middle ear. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 117: 438–447. , .
- 2001. The functional and structural outcome of inner ear gene transfer via the vestibular and cochlear fluids in mice. Mol Ther 4: 575–585. , , , , .
- 2008. Gene transfer into guinea pig cochlea using adeno-associated virus vectors. J Gene Med 10: 610–618. , , , , .
- 2009. Adenoviral and AAV-mediated gene transfer to the inner ear: role of serotype, promoter, and viral load on in vivo and in vitro infection efficiencies. Adv Otorhinolaryngol 66: 87–98. , , , .
- 2009. Therapeutic regulation of gene expression in the inner ear using RNA interference. Adv Otorhinolaryngol 66: 13–36. , , .
- 2003. Hearing preservation after inner ear gene therapy: the effect of vector and surgical approach. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 65: 211–214. , , , , .
- 2002. A novel vestibular approach for gene transfer into the inner ear. Audiol Neurootol 7: 324–334. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Comparison of salicylate-and quinine-induced tinnitus in rats: development, time course, and evaluation of audiologic correlates. Otol Neurotol 31: 823–831. , , , , , .
- 2006. Gap detection deficits in rats with tinnitus: a potential novel screening tool. Behav Neurosci 120: 188–195. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Topographical anatomy of the guinea pig temporal bone. Hear Res 199: 103–110. .
- 1998. Increases in spontaneous activity in the dorsal cochlear nucleus of the rat following exposure to high-intensity sound. Neurosci Lett 250: 197–200. , .