Heng Shao and Hengsheng Shu contributed equally to this work.
Expression of Nerve Growth Factor and its Receptor in Distracted Tibial Nerve after Limb Lengthening
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 296, Issue 2, pages 333–339, February 2013
How to Cite
Shao, H., Shu, H., Wang, C., Yuan, W. and Li, Y. (2013), Expression of Nerve Growth Factor and its Receptor in Distracted Tibial Nerve after Limb Lengthening. Anat Rec, 296: 333–339. doi: 10.1002/ar.22636
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 24 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 FEB 2012
- Tianjin Medical University. Grant Number: 2009XK04
- Ministry of Tianjin Health (Tian Jin Health Beaura). Grant Number: 09KY27
- 1994. Complications of bone lengthening. Int Orthop 18: 299–303. , , .
- 1989. The history of distraction osteogenesis using different external fixators. Clin Orthop Relat Res 241: 106–116. , , ,
- 2008. Co-expression of nerve growth factor and p75NGFR in the inferior alveolar nerve after mandibular distraction osteogenesis. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37: 467–472. , , , , .
- 2011. Nerve growth factor injected systemically improves the recovery of the inferior alveolar nerve in a rabbit model of mandibular distraction osteogenesis. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 49: 557–561. , , , , , , .
- 2003. The role of nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor in inferior alveolar nerve regeneration in distraction osteogenesis. J Craniofac Surg 14: 859–865. , , , , .
- 1990. Peripheral nerve damage during limb lengthening-neurophysiology in five cases of bilateral tibial lengthening. J Bone Joint Surg 72B: 121–124. , , , , , .
- 1970. Stretch injury of peripheral nerve: acute effects of stretching on rabbit nerve. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 52: 354–365. .
- 1987. Differential regulation of mRNA encoding nerve growth factor and its receptor in rat sciatic nerve during development, degeneration, and regeneration: role of macrophages. Proc Natl Acad Sci 84: 8735–8739. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Changes in the inferior alveolar nerve after mandibular lengthening with different rates of distraction. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59: 1041–1045. , , , .
- 2011. Transient lysosomal activation is essential for p75 nerve growth factor receptor expression in myelinated Schwann cells during Wallerian degeneration. Anat Cell Biol 44: 41–49. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Regulation of cell survival by secreted proneurotrophins. Science 294: 1945–1948. , , , .
- 1987. The nerve growth factor 35 years later. Science 237: 1154–1162. .
- 2006. Expression of nerve growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor in the inferior alveolar nerve after distraction osteogenesis. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35: 624–630. , , , .
- 2003. p75NTR in the Spleen: age-dependent changes, effect of NGF and 4-methylcatechol treatment, and structural changes in p75NTR-deficient mice. Anat Rec 270A: 117–128. , , , , , , .
- 2004. New roles for VEGF in nervous tissue-beyond blood vessels. Exp Neurol 187: 246–253. , .
- 2005. The roles of nerve growth factor in the bone regeneration. Overseas science-bone volume 26: 54. , .
- 2004. Effect of nerve growth factor and Schwann cells on axon regeneration of distraction inferior alveolar nerve following mandibular lengthening. Chin J Traumatol 7: 81–86. , , , .
- 1986. Induction of nerve growth factor receptor in Schwann cells after axotomy. Proc Natl Acad Sci 3: 4094–4098. , ,
- 2009a. Effects of nerve growth factor delivery via a gel to inferior alveolar nerve in mandibular distraction osteogenesis. J Craniofac Surg 20: 2188–2192. , , , , , , , .
- 2009b. Effects of locally applied nerve growth factor to the inferior alveolar nerve histology in a rabbit model of mandibular distraction osteogenesis. Int J Oral Maxillofac 38: 64–69. , , , , , , , , .
- 1985. Cellular and subcellular colocalization of nerve growth factor and epidermal growth factor in mouse submandibular glands. Anat Rec 213: 365–376. , , .
- 2009. Long-lasting neurosensory disturbance following advancement of the retrognathic mandible: distraction osteogenesis versus bilateral sagittal split osteotomy. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38: 719–725. , , , , .
- 1997. The expression of low affinity nerve growth factor receptor in long-term denervated Schwann cells. Glia 20: 87–100. , , , .