Fa-Jun Xie and Peng Zhao contribute equally to this work.
Adenovirus-mediated Interferon-γ Gene Therapy Induced Human Pancreatic Carcinoma Capan-2 Cell Apoptosis In Vitro and In Vivo
Article first published online: 9 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 296, Issue 4, pages 604–610, April 2013
How to Cite
Xie, F.-J., Zhao, P., Zhang, Y.-P., Liu, F.-Y., Nie, X.-L., Zhu, Y.-H., Yu, X.-M., Zheng, Q.-Q., Mao, W.-M., Lu, H.-Y., Wei, H. and Huang, W. (2013), Adenovirus-mediated Interferon-γ Gene Therapy Induced Human Pancreatic Carcinoma Capan-2 Cell Apoptosis In Vitro and In Vivo. Anat Rec, 296: 604–610. doi: 10.1002/ar.22661
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 9 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 AUG 2012
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation . Grant Number: 2012M521189
- ZheJiang Province Postdoctoral Science Foundation Excellent Postdoctor . Grant Number: Bsh1202064
- Science and Technology Foundation of Zhejiang Province . Grant Number: 2012C33011
- Zhejiang Provincial Chinese Medicine Research Foundation . Grant Numbers: 2010ZB062, 2011ZQ012
- Zhejiang Provincial Health Bureau Foundation . Grant Numbers: 2010KYA032, 2010KYA036, 2008A015, 2010KYB036
- Wu JiePing Medical Foundation . Grant Numbers: 2011, 320.6750.11059, 2011, 320.6750.11059, 2011, 320.6750.11091, 320.6750.12325
- Foundation of Zhejiang Provincial Educational Committee . Grant Number: Y201019175
- Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China . Grant Number: HN2011-03
- pancreatic carcinoma;
- adenoviral vector;
- gene therapy
Pancreatic cancer is one of the most lethal human malignancies with a very low 5-year survival rate, which highlights urgent needs for more effective therapeutic strategies. In this study, we examined the potential therapeutic effects of an adenovirus encoding human interferon gamma (Ad-IFNγ) on pancreatic carcinoma cells Capan-2 in vitro and in vivo. The results indicated that Ad-IFNγ could significantly inhibit tumor cell growth via inducing cell apoptosis. After infection, IFNγ expressed durably and stably in xenografts, predominantly in tumor tissue, while much less in blood and liver. Thus, adenovirus-mediated intratumoral injection of human IFNγ gene could be an effective gene therapeutic system for the treatment of pancreatic carcinoma. Anat Rec, 296:604–610, 2013. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.