Solid Nomenclature: The Bedrock of Science. Similarities and Dissimilarities in Phenomena and Cells of Tooth and Bone Ontogeny
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 296, Issue 4, pages 564–567, April 2013
How to Cite
Larmas, M. A. and Sándor, G. K. (2013), Solid Nomenclature: The Bedrock of Science. Similarities and Dissimilarities in Phenomena and Cells of Tooth and Bone Ontogeny. Anat Rec, 296: 564–567. doi: 10.1002/ar.22671
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2012
- 1999. Responses of bone cells to biomechanical forces in vitro. Adv Dent Res 13:93–98. , .
- 2008. Cell–cell communication in the osteoblast/osteocyte lineage. Arch Biochem Biophys 473:188–192. .
- 1986. Ultrastructural changes during the life cycle of human odontoblasts. Arch Oral Biol 31:643–651. .
- 2011. Autophagic activity and aging in human odontoblasts. J Dent Res 90:523–528. , .
- 2006. Loss of DMP1 causes rickets and osteomalacia and identifies a role for osteocytes in mineral metabolism. Nat Genet 38:1310–1315. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- FIPAT, Federative International Program on Anatomical Terminologies. 2012. http://www.unifr.ch/ifaa/Public/EntryPage/ViewSource.html. Accessed on November 19, 2012.
- 2000. Postnatal human dental pulp stem cells (DPSCs) in vitro and in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97:13625–13630. , , , , .
- 2010. Neural crest contribution to dental pulp stem cells/progenitor cells and craniofacial structures: alveolar processes, tongue and temporomandibular joint. http://etd.uthsc.edu/WORLD-ACCESS/Jain/2010-025-Jain.pdf. Accessed on December 15, 2012. .
- 1978. Phosphomonoesterase activity in dentine of sound and carious human teeth. Caries Res 12:148–158. , .
- 1980. Changes of phosphomonoesterase activity in human dentine during the formation of the root of the tooth. J Dent Res 59:1558–1564. , .
- 2001. Odontoblast function seen as the response of dentinal tissue to dental caries. Adv Dent Res 15:68–71. .
- 2008 Pre odontoblasts, odontoblasts or “odontocytes”. J Dent Res 87:198. .
- 1973. A histochemical study of arylaminopeptidases and alkaline phosphatases in sound and carious human teeth. Acta Odontol Scand 31:179–185. , .
- 2007. Dmp1 targeted Cre expression in odontoblasts and osteocytes. J Dent Res 86:320–325. , , , , , .
- 2008.The authors reply. J Dent Res 87:199. , , , , , .
- 1988. Bone cell biology: the regulation of development, structure, and function in the skeleton. Am J Anat 183:1–44. .,
- 2012. Expression patterns of nestin and dentin sialoprotein during dentinogenesis in mice. Biomed Res 33:119–132. , , , .
- 2011. Dentin-pulp complex regeneration: from lab to clinic. Adv Dent Res 23:340–345. , , , , , .
- 2011. The effect of vibration loading on adipose stem cell number, viability and differentiation toward bone-forming cells. J R Soc Interface 8:1736–1747. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. The appearance and modulation of osteocyte marker expression during calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. PloS One 6:e19595. , , , , .
- 2011. Dentin matrix protein (DMP1) signals via cell surface Integrin. J Biol Chem 286:29462–29469. , , , , , , , , .