Novel Spatiotemporal Glycome Changes in the Murine Placenta During Placentation Based on BS-I Lectin Binding Patterns
Version of Record online: 12 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 296, Issue 6, pages 921–932, June 2013
How to Cite
Charalambous, C., Drakou, K., Nicolaou, S. and Georgiades, P. (2013), Novel Spatiotemporal Glycome Changes in the Murine Placenta During Placentation Based on BS-I Lectin Binding Patterns. Anat Rec, 296: 921–932. doi: 10.1002/ar.22698
- Issue online: 17 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 DEC 2012
- 1993. Implantation and decidualization in rodents. J Exp Zool 266:603–628. , .
- 2003. Gestation stage-dependent intrauterine trophoblast cell invasion in the rat and mouse: novel endocrine phenotype and regulation. Dev Biol 260:176–190. , , .
- 2005. Lectins: tools for the molecular understanding of the glycocode. Org Biomol Chem 3:1593–1608. , , .
- 1991. Changes in cell surface and intracellular glycoproteins of trophoblastic giant cells during mouse placentation. Histochemistry 95:541–548. , , , , .
- 2012. Decidual spiral artery remodeling during early post-implantation period in mice: investigation of associations with decidual uNK cells and invasive trophoblast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:847–852. , , .
- 2006. Branching morphogenesis during development of placental villi. Differentiation 74:393–401. , , , , .
- 1968. Histological and fine structural observations on the placenta of the rat. Acta Anat (Basel) 69:542–608. , .
- 2008. Fetal growth restriction triggered by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons is associated with altered placental vasculature and AhR-dependent changes in cell death. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E519–Ε530. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. New phenotypic aspects of the decidual spiral artery wall during early post-implantation mouse pregnancy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 416:211–216. , , .
- 1990. Interactions between the human trophoblast cells and the extraeellular matrix of the endometrium. Specific expression of a-galactose residues by invasive human trophoblastic cells. Trophoblast Res 4:159–177. , , .
- 2009. Glycosylation Precursors. In: Varki A, Cummings RD, Esko JD, editors. Essentials of Glycobiology. 2nd ed. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Press. p 47–62. , .
- 2006. The emerging functionality of endogenous lectins: a primer to the concept and a case study on galectins including medical implications. Chang Gung Med J 29:37–62. , .
- 2002 Comparative developmental anatomy of the murine and human definitive placentae. Placenta 23:3–19. , , .
- 2007. The conceptus increases secreted phosphoprotein 1 gene expression in the mouse uterus during the progression of decidualization mainly due to its effects on uterine natural killer cells. Reproduction 133:1213–1221. , .
- 2010. Development and function of trophoblast giant cells in the rodent placenta. Int J Dev Biol 54:341–354. , .
- 1984. Suppression of placental alkaline phosphatase biosynthesis by tunicamycin. J Biol Chem 259:14997–14999. , .
- 1994. Sialylation of terminal saccharides of glycoconjugates expressed by murine molar tooth germs developing in vitro and in vivo. J Anat 185:85. , , .
- 1987. Griffonia simplicifolia lectins bind specifically to endothelial cells and some epithelial cells in mouse tissues. Histochem J 19:225–234. .
- 2009. Imaging the glycome. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106:12–17. , .
- 2002. Isolectins I-A and I-B of Griffonia (Bandeiraea) simplicifolia. Crystal structure of metal-free GS I-B(4) and molecular basis for metal binding and monosaccharide specificity. J Biol Chem 277:6608–6614. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Distribution of sugar residues in human placentas from pregnancies complicated by hypertensive disorders. Acta Histochem 113:815–825. , , , , , .
- 2012. Modifications of glycans: biological significance and therapeutic opportunities. ACS Chem Biol 7:31–43. , , .
- 2006. Glycosylation in cellular mechanisms of health and disease. Cell 126:855–867. , .
- 2003. Subset classification of mouse uterine natural killer cells by DBA lectin reactivity. Placenta 24:479–488. , , ,
- 2001. Plant lectins: occurrence, biochemistry, functions and applications. Glycoconj J 18:589–613. , .
- 1985. Sialic acids and their role as biological masks. Trend Biochem Sci 10:357–360. .
- 2004. Comparison of glycosylation patterns of placental proteins between normal pregnancy and missed abortion. Coll Antropol 28:301–308. , , , , , , .
- 2008b. Early patterning of the chorion leads to the trilaminar trophoblast cell structure in the placental labyrinth. Development 135:2083–2091. , , , , , .
- 2008a. Spatial and temporal expression of the 23 murine Prolactin/Placental Lactogen-related genes is not associated with their position in the locus. BMC Genomics 9:352. , , , , .
- 1979. The differentiation of the decidua and the distribution of metrial gland cells in the pregnant mouse uterus. Cell Tissue Res 187:167–179. , .
- 1993. Gastrulation in the mouse embryo: ultrastructural and molecular aspects of germ layer morphogenesis. Microsc Res Tech 26:301–328. , , .
- 2012. Galectins: guardians of eutherian pregnancy at the maternal-fetal interface. Trend Endocrinol Metab 23:23–31. , , , , , .
- 1991. Further studies of lectin binding by villous and extravillous trophoblast in normal and pathological pregnancy. Int J Gynecol Pathol 10:238–251. , , , .
- 2006. Application of Photoshop and Scion Image analysis to quantification of signals in histochemistry, immunocytochemistry and hybridocytochemistry. Anal Quant Cytol Histol 28:43–53. , , , , , .
- 2009. Discovery and Classification of Glycan-Binding Proteins. In: Varki A, Cummings RD, Esko JD, editors. Essentials of Glycobiology. 2nd ed. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Press. p 375–386. , , , .
- 2009. Historical Background and Overview. In: Varki A, Cummings RD, Esko JD, editors. Essentials of Glycobiology. 2nd ed. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Press. p 1–22. , .
- 1981. Involvement of glycoproteins in the development of early mouse embryos: effect of tunicamycin and alpha, alpha' dipyridyl in vitro. Differentiation 20:81–86. , .
- 1979. Immunochemical studies of the combining sites of the two isolectins, A4 and B4, isolated from Bandeiraea simplicifolia. Arch Biochem Biophys 198:1–11. , , , .
- 1983. Fluorescein-conjugated Bandeiraea simplicifolia lectin as a marker of endodermal, yolk sac, and trophoblastic differentiation in the mouse embryo. Differentiation 24:55–59. , , .
- 2011. Natural killer cell-triggered vascular transformation: maternal care before birth? Cell Mol Immunol 8:1–11. , , , .