X. Liu and Z. Zhang contributed equally to this work.
The Superficial Glia Limitans of Mouse and Monkey Brain and Spinal Cord
Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 296, Issue 7, pages 995–1007, July 2013
How to Cite
Liu, X., Zhang, Z., Guo, W., Burnstock, G., He, C. and Xiang, Z. (2013), The Superficial Glia Limitans of Mouse and Monkey Brain and Spinal Cord. Anat Rec, 296: 995–1007. doi: 10.1002/ar.22717
- Issue online: 14 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 OCT 2012
- 973 Program. Grant Number: 2011CB504401
- National Natural Science Foundation of PR China. Grant Number: 30970918
- 1991. Implication of astroglia in the blood-brain barrier. In: Abbot NJ, editor. Glial-neuronal interaction. New York: Academy of Sciences. p 633. .
- 1990. Monoclonal antibody Ki-67: its use in histopathology. Histopathology 17:489–503. , .
- 2011. Fluids and barriers of the CNS establish immune privilege by confining immune surveillance to a two-walled castle moat surrounding the CNS castle. Fluids Barriers CNS 8:4–12. , .
- 1988. Fetal cortical astrocytes migrate from cortical homografts throughout the host brain and over the glia limitans. J Neurosci Res 20:38–45. , .
- 1989. Rapid migration of grafted cortical astrocytes from suspension grafts placed in host thoracic spinal cord. Brain Res 491:205–211. , .
- 2002. The human brain: an introduction to its functional anatomy. 5th ed. St. Louis: Mosby. p. 89. .
- 1987.Glial patterns during early development of antennal lobes of Manduca sexta: a comparison between normal lobes and lobes deprived of antennal neurons. J Comp Neurol 255:196–207. , .
- 1994. Neurocytology: fine structure of neurons, nerve processes, and neuroglial cells. Stuttgart, German: Thieme. p 173–175. .
- 1986. The use of the monoclonal antibody Ki-67 in the identification of proliferating cells: application to surgical neuropathology. Am J Surg Pathol 10:611–617. , , .
- 1991. The fine structure of the nervous system: neurons and their supporting cells. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press. p. 288, 400–402. , , .
- 2005. Developmental neurobiology. 4th ed. New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publisher. p 197–198. , .
- 2000. The Ki-67 protein: from the known and the unknown. J Cell Physiol 182:311–322. , .
- 2008. Fundamental neuroscience. 3rd ed. London: Elsevier. p 52. , , , , , .
- 2007. Glial neurobiology. 1st ed. West Sussex, England: Wiley. p 32. , .