Physiological Distal Drift in Rat Molars Contributes to Acellular Cementum Formation
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 296, Issue 8, pages 1255–1263, August 2013
How to Cite
Tsuchiya, S., Tsuchiya, M., Nishioka, T., Suzuki, O., Sasano, Y. and Igarashi, K. (2013), Physiological Distal Drift in Rat Molars Contributes to Acellular Cementum Formation. Anat Rec, 296: 1255–1263. doi: 10.1002/ar.22731
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 NOV 2012
- Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture of Japan. Grant Numbers: 24390429, 24792348
- 2006. Characterization of dentin formed in transplanted rat molars by electron probe microanalysis. Calcif Tissue Int 78:143–151. , , , .
- 1969. Total root resorption due to occlusal trauma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 27:647. .
- 2005. Are cementoblasts a subpopulation of osteoblasts or a unique phenotype? J Dent Res 84:390–406. .
- 2005. Pathologic tooth migration. J Periodontol 76:859–866. .
- 1968. Normal craniofacial skeletal growth of the rat. Am J Phys Anthropol 29:225–242. , , .
- 2012. Human primary cementoblasts respond to combined IL-1beta stimulation and compression with an impaired BSP and CEMP-1 expression. Eur J Cell Biol 91:402–412. , , , , .
- 2000. Factors influencing proximal dental contact strengths. Eur J Oral Sci 108:368–377. , , , .
- 1982. A morphological study on the growth and development of the rat mandible after bi-resection of the jaw closing muscles. Nihon Kyosei Shika Gakkai Zasshi 41:521–530. , .
- 1999. Formation and mineralization of murine molar roots with hypocalcaemia induced by a low-calcium diet and the changes after returning to a normal diet. Arch Oral Biol 44:629–639. , , , .
- 1995. Alkaline phosphatase activity in the periodontal ligament and gingiva of the rat molar: its relation to cementum formation. J Dent Res 74:1374–1381. , , .
- 2002. Cementum and periodontal wound healing and regeneration. Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 13:474–484. , .
- 2012. Transmigration of impacted mandibular canines and its association with malocclusion and morphology: an analysis of seven cases. Orthodontics (Chic.) 13:156–165. , , .
- 2009. Response of cementoblast-like cells to mechanical tensile or compressive stress at physiological levels in vitro. Mol Biol Rep 36:1741–1748. , , , , , .
- 2005. Effects of bone morphogenetic protein-6 on periodontal wound healing in a fenestration defect of rats. J Periodontal Res 40:1–10. , , , , .
- 1994. Localization of uncalcified cementum in adult rat molar roots and its relation to physiological tooth movement. Arch Oral Biol 39:829–832. , , , .
- 2000. Cementum formation in rat molar roots. Kaibogaku Zasshi 75:365–369. , .
- 1996. Localization of glycosaminoglycans in periodontal ligament during physiological and experimental tooth movement. J Periodontal Res 31:229–234. , , , , , .
- 1999. Effects of occlusal loading on ankylosis, bone, and cementum formation during bone morphogenetic protein-2-stimulated periodontal regeneration in vivo. J Periodontol 70:1125–1135. , .
- 2012. Age-related adaptation of bone-PDL-tooth complex: Rattus-Norvegicus as a model system. PLoS One 7:e35980. , , , , , .
- 2002. Effects of dietary consistency on the mandible of rats at the growth stage: computed X-ray densitometric and cephalometric analysis. Angle Orthod 72:468–475. , , , , .
- 2001. The effect of an altered functional mastication load on maxillofacial morphology: the effect of a fine-grained diet on growing rabbits. Jpn J Jaw Deform 11:63–74. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Reduced functional loads alter the physical characteristics of the bone-periodontal ligament-cementum complex. J Periodontal Res 46:730–741. , , , , , .
- 2004. Evaluation of proximal tooth contact tightness at rest and during clenching. J Oral Rehabil 31:538–545. , , , , .
- 2011. Effect of PGE(2) induced by compressive and tensile stresses on cementoblast differentiation in vitro. Arch Oral Biol 56:1238–1246. , , , , , , .
- 1995. A preliminary report on lower arch crowding in the mature adult. Eur J Orthod 17:251–257. .
- 1985. Proliferation and differentiation sequence of osteoblast histogenesis under physiological conditions in rat periodontal ligament. Am J Anat 174:105–118. , .
- 2000. Molecular and cell biology of cementum. Periodontol 2000 24:73–98. , , .
- 1944. Bone growth and physiologic tooth movement. Am J Orthod Surg 30:109–132. , .
- 2011. Expression of alkaline phosphatase in immortalized murine cementoblasts in response to compression-force. Saudi Med J 32:1235–1240. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Comparison of expression patterns of cathepsin K and MMP-9 in odontoclasts and osteoclasts in physiological root resorption in the rat molar. Arch Histol Cytol 71:89–100. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Implant prostheses and adjacent tooth migration: preliminary retrospective survey using 3-dimensional occlusal analysis. Int J Prosthodont 21:302–304. , , , .
- 2009. Mechanical tensile stress effects on the expression of bone sialoprotein in bovine cementoblasts. Angle Orthod 79:346–352. , , , , , .