TRAIL is Involved in the Tumoricidal Activity of Mouse Natural Killer Cells Stimulated by Newcastle Disease Virus in Vitro
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 296, Issue 10, pages 1552–1560, October 2013
How to Cite
Song, D.-Z., Liang, Y., Xiao, Q., Yin, J., Gong, J.-L., Lai, Z.-P., Zhang, Z.-F., Gao, L.-X. and Fan, X.-H. (2013), TRAIL is Involved in the Tumoricidal Activity of Mouse Natural Killer Cells Stimulated by Newcastle Disease Virus in Vitro. Anat Rec, 296: 1552–1560. doi: 10.1002/ar.22768
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 DEC 2012
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 30860328
- Natural Science Foundation of Guangxi Province. Grant Numbers: 2013GXNSFBA019160, 2011GXNSFA01822
- Foundation of Guangxi Educational Department. Grant Number: 200810MS059
- Guangxi Medical University Science Funds for Young Scholars. Grant Number: GXMUYSF08
- 2012. IFN-γ-primed human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells induce tumor cell apoptosis in vitro via tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 44:1305–1314. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Regulation of soluble and surface-bound TRAIL in human T cells, B cells, and monocytes. Cytokine 24:244–253. , , , .
- 1999. Human dendritic cells mediate cellular apoptosis via tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL). J Exp Med 190:1155–1164. , , , .
- 1999. Monocyte-mediated tumoricidal activity via the tumor necrosis factor-related cytokine, TRAIL. J Exp Med 189:1343–54. , , , , , .
- 2011. Early activation and interferon-γ production of tumor-infiltrating mature CD27 high natural killer cells. Cancer Sci 102:1967–1971. , , , , , .
- 2008. Trail receptors: targets for cancer therapy. Adv Exp Med Biol 615:127–158. , .
- 2009. Activation of natural killer cells by newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase. J Virol 83:8108–8121. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. CD95 (APO-1/Fas)-mediated apoptosis: live and let die. Adv Immunol 71:163–210. .
- 2003. Apo2L/TRAIL and its death and decoy receptors. Cell Death Differ 10:66–75. , .
- 2002. Development, characterization and use of monoclonal antibodies against sTRAIL: measurement of sTRAIL by ELISA. J Immunol Methods 259:119–128. , , , , , .
- 1988. Newcastle disease virus as an antineoplastic agent: induction of tumor necrosis factor-α and augmentation of its cytotoxicity. J Natl Cancer Inst 80:1305–1312. , , .
- 2005. Soluble TRAIL concentrations are raised in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis 64:854–858. , , , .
- 2007. TRAIL in cancer therapy: present and future challenges. Expert Opin Ther Targets 11:1299–1314. , , , , .
- 2001. Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) contributes to interferon γ-dependent natural killer cell protection from tumor metastasis. J Exp Med 193:661–670. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Involvement of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand in surveillance of tumor metastasis by liver natural killer cells. Nat Med 7:94–100. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Synergy between TLR3 and IL-18 promotes IFN-γ dependent TRAIL expression in human liver NK cells. Cell Immunol 271:286–291. , , , .
- 1999. Tumor necrosis factor receptor and Fas signaling mechanisms. Annu Rev Immunol 17:331–367. , , , , , .
- 1994. More than one component of the Newcastle disease virus particle is capable of interferon induction. Vet Microbiol 39:299–311. , , , .
- 2011. Interferon-α stimulates TRAIL expression in human keratinocytes and peripheral blood mononuclear cells: implications for the pathogenesis of cutaneous lupus erythematosus. Br J Dermatol 165:1118–1123. , , , , , .
- 1994. Induction of cytokines and cytotoxicity against tumor cells by Newcastle disease virus. Cancer Biother 9:225–235. , , , , , .