A New Age of Regenerative Medicine: Fusion of Tissue Engineering and Stem Cell Research
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Special Issue: A New Age of Regenerative Medicine: Fusion of Tissue Engineering and Stem Cell Research
Volume 297, Issue 1, pages 4–5, January 2014
How to Cite
Okano, T. and Dezawa, M. (2014), A New Age of Regenerative Medicine: Fusion of Tissue Engineering and Stem Cell Research. Anat Rec, 297: 4–5. doi: 10.1002/ar.22796
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 SEP 2013
- 2000. Mammalian neural stem cells. Science 287:1433–1438. .
- 2005. Monitoring of bone marrow cell homing into the infarcted human myocardium. Circulation 111:2198–2202. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Adult stem cells for tissue repair—a new therapeutic concept? N Engl J Med 349:570–582. , .
- 2011. Bone marrow mesenchymal cells: how do they contribute to tissue repair and are they really stem cells? Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 59:369–378. , , , .
- 1993. Tissue engineering. Science 260:920–926. , .
- 2013. In vitro engineering of vascularized tissue surrogates. Sci Rep 3:1316. , , , , , , .
- 2013. In vitro fabrication of functional three-dimensional tissues with perfusable blood vessels. Nat Commun 4:1399. , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. Bone marrow transplantation. A lifesaving applied art. An interview with E. Donnall Thomas, MD. JAMA 249:2528–2536. .
- 2008. The origins of the identification and isolation of hematopoietic stem cells, and their capability to induce donor-specific transplantation tolerance and treat autoimmune diseases. Blood 112:3543–3553. , .
- 2007. Reconstruction of functional tissues with cell sheet engineering. Biomaterials 28:5033–5043. , , , , , , , , .