Rat anterior pituitary cells in vitro can partly reconstruct in vivo topographic affinities
Article first published online: 24 APR 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part A: Discoveries in Molecular, Cellular, and Evolutionary Biology
Volume 272A, Issue 2, pages 548–555, June 2003
How to Cite
Noda, T., Kikuchi, M., Kaidzu, S. and Yashiro, T. (2003), Rat anterior pituitary cells in vitro can partly reconstruct in vivo topographic affinities. Anat. Rec., 272A: 548–555. doi: 10.1002/ar.a.10065
- Issue published online: 24 APR 2003
- Article first published online: 24 APR 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 FEB 2003
- Manuscript Received: 5 DEC 2002
- Jichi Medical School, “The Research Award to JMS Graduate Student”
- 1996. Intercellular communication: relative importance of cellular adhesion and paracrine signaling to hormonal gene expression. Endocrinology 137: 4050–4053. , , .
- 1989. Regulatory activity and topological distribution of folliculo-stellate cells in rat anterior pituitary cell aggregates. Neuroendocrinology 49: 409–418. , .
- 1991. Selectivity of juxtaposition between cup-shaped lactotrophs and gonadotrophs from rat anterior pituitary in culture. Cell Tissue Res 263: 217–225. , , .
- 1978. Cytology and distribution of secretory cell types in the mouse hypophysis as demonstrated with immunocytochemistry. Am J Anat 153: 193–215. , .
- 1995. Expression of neural cell adhesion molecules, NCAMs, and their polysialylated forms, PSA-NCAMs, in the developing rat pituitary gland. Cell Tissue Res 280: 463–472. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Expression of neural cell adhesion molecule (N-CAM) in rat islets and its role in islet cell type segregation. J Cell Sci 107: 1429–1436. , , , , , .
- 1980. Immunohistochemistry of the adenohypophysis of non-mammalian vertebrates. Acta Histochem Suppl Band XXII S: 185–223. .
- 1987. The origin of ciliated cell cysts of the anterior pituitary. An experimental study in the rat. Virchows Arch A 412: 1–9. .
- 1999. Negative regulation of N-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion by the estrogen receptor-signaling pathway in rat pituitary GH3 cells. Endocrine 10: 67–76. , , , .
- 1987. Endocrine cells share expression of N-CAM with neurones. FEBS Lett 220: 108–112. , , .
- 1970. Classifications of anterior pituitary cell types with immunoenzyme histochemistry. J Histochem Cytochem 18: 9–20. .
- 2001. Topographic affinities of hormone-producing cells in the rat anterior pituitary gland. Acta Histochem Cytochem 34: 313–319. , , , .
- 1982. Fine structural criteria of prolactin cells identified immunohistochemically in the male rat. Anat Rec 202: 261–274. , .
- 1997. Diversity of pituitary cells in primary cell culture. An immunocytochemical study. Ann Anat 179: 453–460. , , , .
- 1982. Desmosomes between mammotrophs suggest the existence of a functional syncytium. Acta Anat 114: 74–80. , , .
- 2002. Pituitary development: regulatory codes in mammalian organogenesis. Science 295: 2231–2235. , .
- 1985. Fine structural and immunohistochemical studies of goat adenohypophyseal cells. Cell Tissue Res 240: 315–321. , , .
- 1970. Further cytophysiologic evidence for the identity of the cells that produce adrenocorticotrophic hormone. Endocrinology 86: 451–486. , .
- 1976. Maintenance of separated rat pituitary mammotrophs in cell culture. Endocrinology 98: 25–32. , , .
- 1989. Intercellular communication between rat anterior pituitary cells. Anat Rec 224: 523–533. , .
- 1998. Co-regulation of pituitary tumor cell adhesion and prolactin gene expression by glucocorticoid. J Cell Physiol 174: 115–124. , .
- 1996. Molecular cloning and characterization of a newly identified member of the cadherin family, PB-cadherin. J Biol Chem 271: 11548–11556. , , , , , , , .
- 1982. Ultrastructural and functional characteristics of rat pituitary cell aggregates. Endocrinology 110: 513–523. , , .
- 1979. An immunohistochemical study on the cytogenesis of adenohypophyseal cells in fetal rats. Develop Biol 68: 557–567. , .
- 1984. An in vitro model for studies of intercellular communication in cultured rat anterior pituitary cells. Tissue Cell 16: 483–497. , , , .
- 1981. Immunohistochemical study of the postnatal development of pituitary thyrotrophs in the rat, with special reference to cluster formation. Cell Tissue Res 216: 39–46. , , .
- 1981. Fine structural criteria for identifying rat corticotrophs. Cell Tissue Res 219: 221–228. , .