Association of early endosomal autoantigen 1 with macropinocytosis in EGF-stimulated a431 cells
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part A: Discoveries in Molecular, Cellular, and Evolutionary Biology
Volume 277A, Issue 2, pages 298–306, April 2004
How to Cite
Hamasaki, M., Araki, N. and Hatae, T. (2004), Association of early endosomal autoantigen 1 with macropinocytosis in EGF-stimulated a431 cells. Anat. Rec., 277A: 298–306. doi: 10.1002/ar.a.20027
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2004
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2003
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. Grant Numbers: C(2) 12670017, B(2) 15390056
- 1999. High calcium concentrations shift the mode of exocytosis to the kiss-and-run mechanism. Nat Cell Biol 1: 40–44. , , , , , .
- 1996. A role for phosphoinositide 3-kinase in the completion of macropinocytosis and phagocytosis by macrophages. J Cell Biol 135: 1249–1260. , , .
- 2000. Actinin-4 is preferentially involved in circular ruffling and macropinocytosis in mouse macrophages: analysis by fluorescence ratio imaging. J Cell Sci 113: 3329–3340. , , , .
- 2003. Phosphoinositide-3-kinase-independent contractile activities associated with Fc γ-receptor-mediated phagocytosis and macropinocytosis in macrophages. J Cell Sci 116: 247–257. , , , .
- 1999. The Rab5 effector EEA1 is a core component of endosome docking. Nature 397: 621–625. , , , .
- 2002. Endosome fusion and microtubule-based dynamics in the early endocytic pathway of dictyostelium. Traffic 3: 791–800. , , , .
- 1997. Microtubules are involved in bafilomycin A1-induced tubulation and Rab5-dependent vacuolation of early endosomes. Eur J Cell Biol 72: 95–103. , , , .
- 1993. Circular ruffle formation and closure lead to macropinocytosis in hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor-treated cells. Eur J Cell Biol 61: 44–53. , , , .
- 2002. Remodeling of endosomes during lysosome biogenesis involves “kiss and run” fusion events regulated by rab5. J Cell Sci 116: 907–918. , , .
- 2001. Multivalent endosome targeting by homodimeric EEA1. Mol Cell 8: 947–958. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Rab5 effectors in phagosomal biogenesis and mycobacterial phagosome maturation arrest. J Cell Biol 154: 631–644. , , , , .
- 2001. Phosphoinositides and phagocytosis. J Cell Biol 155: 15–17. , , .
- 1997. Fluid-phase uptake by macropinocytosis in dictyostelium. J Cell Sci 110: 105–112. , , .
- 1989. Checkpoints: controls that ensure the order of cell cycle events. Science 246: 629–634. , .
- 1983. Endosomes. Trends Biochem Sci 8: 245–250. , , , .
- 1994. The coated pit and macropinocytic pathways serve distinct endosome populations. J Cell Biol 124: 689–703. , , .
- 2002. Sequential roles for phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and rab5 in tethering and fusion of early endosomes via their interaction with EEA1. J Biol Chem 277: 8611–8617. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Sorting of membrane and fluid at the apical pole of polarized Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. Mol Biol Cell 11: 2131–2150. , , .
- 1997. Intracellular routes and selective retention of antigens in mildly acidic cathepsin D/lysosome-associated membrane protein-1/MHC class II-positive vesicles in immature dendritic cells. J Immunol 159: 3707–3716. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Macropinocytosis. In: MarshM, editor. Endocytosis. Oxford: Oxford University Press. p 78–93. .
- 1999. Oligomeric complexes link Rab5 effectors with NSF and drive membrane fusion via interactions between EEA1 and syntaxin 13. Cell 98: 377–386. , , , , , .
- 2001. Relationships between EEA1 binding partners and their role in endosome fusion. J Cell Sci 114: 1959–1965. , , .
- 1995. EEA1, an early endosome-associated protein. EEA1 is a conserved alpha-helical peripheral membrane protein flanked by cysteine “fingers” and contains a calmodulin-binding IQ motif. J Biol Chem 270: 13503–13511. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Endocytosis. Physiol Rev 77: 759–803. , , .
- 1992. Endosomal pH regulation and the maturation model for lysosome biogenesis. In: CourtoyPJ, editor. Endocytosis: from cell biology to health, disease and therapy. Berlin: Springer-Verlag. p 91–95. , , , , .
- 2002. Role of Rab 5 in the recruitment of hVps 34/p 150 to the early endosome. Traffic 3: 416–427. , , , , .
- 2000. Dendritic cells: new roles for Cdc42 and Rac in antigen uptake? Curr Biol 10: R739–R741. , .
- 1997. Identification of an early endosomal protein regulated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 7326–7330. , , , , , .
- 1999. Transport-vesicle targeting: tethers before SNAREs. Nat Cell Biol 1: E17–E22. .
- 1992. M-CSF-induced macropinocytosis increases solute endocytosis but not receptor-mediated endocytosis in mouse macrophages. J Cell Sci 102: 867–880. , .
- 1993. Macropinosome maturation and fusion with tubular lysosomes in macrophages. J Cell Biol 121: 1011–1020. , .
- 2001. FYVE and coiled-coil domains determine the specific localisation of Hrs to early endosomes. J Cell Sci 114: 2255–2263. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Selective membrane recruitment of EEA1 suggests a role in directional transport of clathrin-coated vesicles to early endosomes. J Biol Chem 275: 3745–3748. , , , .
- 1990. Selective modulation of the endocytic uptake of ricin and fluid phase markers without alteration in transferring endocytosis. J Biol Chem 265: 6382–6388. , .
- 1998. EEA1 links PI(3)K function to Rab5 regulation of endosome fusion. Nature 394: 494–498. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. The biogenesis of lysosomes: is it a kiss and run, continuaous fusion and fission process? BioEssays 18: 859–903. , .
- 1995. Macropinocytosis. Trend Cell Biol 5: 424–428. , .
- 2002. Endophilin mutations block clathrin-mediated endocytosis but not neurotransmitter release. Cell 109: 101–112. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Activation of the Akt-related cytokine-independent survival kinase requires interaction of its phox domain with endosomal phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98: 12908–12913. , , , , , .
- 1989. Distinct endocytic pathways in epidermal growth factor-stimulated human carcinoma A431 cells. J Cell Biol 109: 2731–2739. , , .
- 2000. EEA1, a tethering protein of the early sorting endosome, shows a polarized distribution in hippocampal neurons, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. Mol Biol Cell 11: 2657–2671. , , , , , .