Development of the trabecular structure within the ulnar medial coronoid process of young dogs
Article first published online: 30 APR 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part A: Discoveries in Molecular, Cellular, and Evolutionary Biology
Volume 278A, Issue 2, pages 514–519, June 2004
How to Cite
Wolschrijn, C. F. and Weijs, W. A. (2004), Development of the trabecular structure within the ulnar medial coronoid process of young dogs. Anat. Rec., 278A: 514–519. doi: 10.1002/ar.a.20039
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 17 SEP 2003
- 1974. Variations in strength and structure of cancellous bone at the knee. J Biomech 7: 201–207. , , .
- 1998. Fragmented medial coronoid process of the ulna in the dog. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 28: 51–74. .
- 1999. Accuracy of cancellous bone volume fraction measured by micro-CT scanning. J Biomech 32: 323–326. , , .
- 2000. Quantification of age-related changes in the structure model type and trabecular thickness of human tibial cancellous bone. Bone 26: 291–295. , .
- 1993. High spatial resolution imaging of bone mineral using computed microtomography: comparison with microradiography and undecalcified histologic sections. Invest Radiol 28: 341–349. , , , , .
- 1996. Perspectives: a proposed general model of the “mechanostat” (suggestions from a new skeletal-biologic paradigm). Anat Rec 244: 139–147. .
- 1994. Changes in histomorphometric values of iliac trabecular bone and serum biochemical constituents related to bone metabolism in beagle dogs during growth. Jikken Dobutsu 43: 159–165. , .
- 1987. The mechanical properties of trabecular bone: dependence on anatomic location and function. J Biomech 20: 1055–1061. .
- 1981. Arthrosis in the elbow joint of young rapidly growing dogs: 5, a pathoanatomical investigation. Nord Vet Med 33: 1–16. , .
- 2002. The influence of microcomputed tomography threshold variations on the assessment of structural and mechanical trabecular bone properties. Bone 31: 107–109. , , , .
- 1984. Characterisation of microstructural anisotropy in orthotropic materials using a second rank tensor. J Mat Sci 19: 761–767. , .
- 1997. A new method for the model independent assessment of thickness in three-dimensional images. J Microsc 185: 67–75. , .
- 1999. Direct three-dimensional morphometric analysis of human cancellous bone: microstructural data from spine, femur, iliac crest, and calcaneus. J Bone Miner Res 14: 1167–1174. , , , , .
- 1990. Evaluation of a microcomputed tomography system to study trabecular bone structure. J Orthop Res 8: 833–842. , , , , .
- 2002. Breed susceptibility for developmental orthopedic diseases in dogs. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38: 467–477. , , .
- 2002. Prevalence of fragmented medial coronoid process of the ulna in lame adult dogs. Vet Rec 151: 230–234. , , , .
- 1978. The puppy from birth to six weeks. Vet Clin North Am 8: 79–100. .
- 1998. Morphometric analysis of human bone biopsies: a quantitative structural comparison of histological sections and micro-computed tomography. Bone 23: 59–66. , , , , , , .
- 2000a. Properties of growing trabecular ovine bone: 1, mechanical and physical properties. J Bone Joint Surg Br 82: 910–920. , , , .
- 2000b. Properties of growing trabecular ovine bone: 2, architectural and mechanical properties. J Bone Joint Surg Br 82: 921–927. , , , , .
- 2003. Microarchitectural and physical changes during fetal growth in human vertebral bone. J Bone Miner Res 18: 760–768. , , , , , .
- 1997. Three-dimensional methods for quantification of cancellous bone architecture. Bone 20: 315–328. .
- 1987. Trabecular bone architecture in the pathogenesis and prevention of fracture. Am J Med 82: 68–72. .
- 1987. The history of some fundamental concepts in bone biomechanics. J Biomech 20: 1025–1034. .
- 1996. A microtomographic system for the nondestructive evaluation of bone architecture. Calcif Tissue Int 58: 24–29. , , .
- 1990. Measurement of the density of trabecular bone. J Biomech 23: 853–857. , , .
- 2001. Increase in bone volume fraction precedes architectural adaptation in growing bone. Bone 28: 650–654. , , , .
- 1975. The distribution and anisotropy of the stiffness of cancellous bone in the human patella. J Biomech 8: 363–367. , , , , .
- 1997. A morphometric comparison of trabecular structure of human ilium between microcomputed tomography and conventional histomorphometry. Calcif Tissue Int 61: 493–498. , , , , , .
- 1991. Biologically meaningful determinants of the in vitro strength of lumbar vertebrae. Bone 12: 219–224. , , , , , , .
- 1974. The quantitative morphology of anisotropic trabecular bone. J Microsc 101(Pt 2): 153–168. .