Degradation of extracellular matrix by extrahepatic stellate cells in the intestine of the lamprey, Lampetra japonica
Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part A: Discoveries in Molecular, Cellular, and Evolutionary Biology
Volume 285A, Issue 1, pages 668–675, July 2005
How to Cite
Higashi, N., Wake, K., Sato, M., Kojima, N., Imai, K. and Senoo, H. (2005), Degradation of extracellular matrix by extrahepatic stellate cells in the intestine of the lamprey, Lampetra japonica. Anat. Rec., 285A: 668–675. doi: 10.1002/ar.a.20200
- Issue online: 21 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 8 DEC 2004
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan. Grant Numbers: Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research B 2 13470001, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research C 11670001, Grant-in-Aid for Exploratory Research 15659418
- 2000. A novel model system for characterization of phagosomal maturation, acidification, and intracellular collagen degradation in fibroblasts. J Biol Chem 275: 35432–43541. , , , , .
- 2004. Gelsolin mediates collagen phagocytosis through a rac-dependent step. Mol Biol Cell 15: 588–599. , , , , .
- 1972. The pancreas and intestine. In: HardistyMW, PotterIC, editors. The biology of lampreys, vol. 2. London: Academic Press. p 135–170. .
- 1977. Inorganic trimetaphosphatase as a histochemical marker for lysosomes in light and electron microscopy. J Histochem Cytochem 25: 1381–1384. , , , .
- 2002. Reversing hepatic fibrosis. Sci Med 8: 194–205. , .
- 1971. The general biology of adult lampreys. In: HardistyMW, PotterIC, editors. The biology of lampreys, vol. 1. New York: Academic Press. p 127–195. , .
- 2004. Osteoblasts and osteocytes express MMP2 and -8 and TIMP1, -2, and -3 along with extracellular matrix molecules during appositional bone formation. Anat Rec 277A: 262–271. , , , , , .
- 1997. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and -2 RNA expression in rat and human liver fibrosis. Am J Pathol 150: 1647–1659. , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Human hepatic lipocytes synthesize tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1: implications for regulation of matrix degradation in liver. J Clin Invest 90: 282–287. , , , , .
- 2000. Expression and activation of pro-MMP-2 and pro-MMP-9 during rat liver regeneration. Hepatology 31: 75–82. , , , .
- 1999. Expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in parenchymal and non-parenchymal cells of rat liver: regulation by TNF-α and TGF-β1. J Hepatol 30: 48–60. , , , , , .
- 1996. Role of integrins in regulation of collagen phagocytosis by human fibroblasts. J Cell Physiol 168: 95–104. , , .
- 1999 Regulatory role of extracellular matrix components in expression of matrix metalloproteinases in cultured hepatic stellate cells. Cell Struct Funct 24: 255–261. , , , , .
- 1981. Phagocytosis and digestion of collagen by gingival fibroblast in vivo: a study of serial sections. J Ultrastruct Res 77: 1–36. , .
- 2005. Uptake of denatured collagen into hepatic stellate cells: evidence for the involvement of urokinase plasminogen activator associated protein/Endo 180. Biochem J 387: 39–46. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Storage of vitamin A in extrahepatic stellate cells in normal rats. J Lipid Res 38: 645–658. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Anchorage dependence, integrins, and apoptosis. Cell 77: 477–478. , .
- 1992. Biochemical and cytochemical study of trimetaphosphatase activity in mammalian tissues. Acta Histochem Cytochem 25: 53–59. .
- 1985. Suppression of experimental hepatic fibrosis by administration of vitamin A. Lab Invest 52: 182–194. , .
- 2002. Ovarian tissue remodeling: role of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors. Mol Cell Endocrinol 191: 45–56. , , , , .
- 1971. “Sternzellen” in the liver: Perisinusoidal cells with special reference to storage of vitamin A. Am J Anat 132: 429–462. .
- 1974. Development of vitamin A-rich lipid droplets in multivesicular bodies of rat liver stellate cells. J Cell Biol 63: 683–691. .
- 1987. Stellate cells storing retinol in the liver of adult lamprey, Lampetra japonica. Cell Tissue Res 249: 289–299. , , .
- 1986. Improved Kupffer's gold chloride method for demonstrating the stellate cells storing retinol (vitamin A) in the liver and extrahepatic organs of vertebrates. Stain Technology 61: 193–200. , , , , .
- 2003. Stimulation of pro-MMP-2 production and activation by native form of extracellular type I collagen in cultured hepatic stellate cells. Cell Struct Funct 28: 505–513. , , , , , .
- 1979. Mammalian collagenases. Clin Orthop 96: 310–326. .
- 2004. Vitamin A distribution and content in tissues of the lamprey, Lampetra japonica. Anat Rec 276A: 134–142. , , , , , , , .
- 1986. Localization of acid phosphatase activity in collagen-secreting and collagen-resorbing fibroblasts. Cell Tissue Res 245: 253–260. .
- 1981. The alimentary canal. In: HardistyMW, PotterIC, editors. The biology of lampreys, vol. 3. New York: Academic Press. p 95–189. .
- 1985. Organ development and specialization in lamprey species. In: ForemanRE, GorbmanA, DoddJM, OlssonR, editors. Evolutionary biology of primitive fishes. Oxford: Pergmon. p 141–164. .
- 1986. Collagen remodeling during decidualization in the mouse. Cell Tissue Res 244: 443–448. , , .