Effects of 12 days of artificial rearing on morphology of hypoglossal motoneurons innervating tongue retrusors in rat
Version of Record online: 8 DEC 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part A: Discoveries in Molecular, Cellular, and Evolutionary Biology
Volume 288A, Issue 3, pages 280–285, March 2006
How to Cite
Smith, J. C., Mcclung, J. R. and Goldberg, S. J. (2006), Effects of 12 days of artificial rearing on morphology of hypoglossal motoneurons innervating tongue retrusors in rat. Anat. Rec., 288A: 280–285. doi: 10.1002/ar.a.20277
- Issue online: 20 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 8 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Received: 5 AUG 2005
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. Grant Number: 5 RO1 DC-02008
- 1995. Subcompartmental organization of the ventral (protrusor) compartment in the hypoglossal nucleus of the rat. J Comp Neurol 353: 89–108. .
- 1980. Experimental necrotizing enterocolitis: the possible role of bile salts in its etiology and treatment. Pediatr Res 14: 595. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Effects of limb exercise after spinal cord injury on motor neuron dendrite structure. J Comp Neurol 476: 130–145. , , , , .
- 1975. Weaning and growth of artificially reared rats. Science 190: 1313–1315. .
- 2000. Identification of neonates at risk of developing feeding problems in infancy. Dev Med Child Neurol 42: 235–239. , , , .
- 2000. Effects of hindlimb unloading on neuromuscular development of neonatal rats. Brain Res Dev Brain Res 119: 169–178. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Speech and language skills in children who required neonatal intensive care: I, spontaneous speech at 6.5 years of age. Acta Paediatr 87: 654–666. , .
- 1999. Speech and language skills in children who required neonatal intensive care: II, linguistic skills at 6 1/2 years of age. Acta Paediatr 88: 371–383. , .
- 2003. Effect of artificial rearing on the contractile properties and myosin heavy chain isoforms of developing rat tongue musculature. J Neurophysiol 90: 120–127. , , , .
- 2004. Artificially-reared female rats show reduced prepulse inhibition and deficits in the attentional set shifting task: reversal of effects with maternal-like licking stimulation. Behav Brain Res 148: 209–219. , .
- 1999. Organization of motoneurons in the dorsal hypoglossal nucleus that innervate the retrusor muscles of the tongue in the rat. Anat Rec 254: 222–230. , .
- 1969. Artificial feeding of infant rats by continuous gastric infusion. J Nutr 98: 404–410. , , , , .
- 2000. Non-weight-bearing condition arrests the morphological and metabolic changes of rat soleus motoneurons during postnatal growth. Neurosci Lett 290: 145–148. , .
- 1999. Feeding strategies for premature infants: randomized trial of gastrointestinal priming and tube-feeding method. Pediatrics 103: 434–439. , , , , .
- 2005. Postnatal development of hypoglossal motoneurons that innervate the hyoglossus and styloglossus muscles in rat. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 285A: 628–633. , , .
- 1987. Growth and development of rats artificially reared on rats' milk or rats' milk/milk-substitute combinations. Br J Nutr 57: 3–11. , , .
- 1984. Delay in brain growth induced by alcohol in artificially reared rat pups. Alcohol 1: 213–222. , , .