Morphological evidence for existence of IL-6 receptor alpha in the glomus cells of rat carotid body
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part A: Discoveries in Molecular, Cellular, and Evolutionary Biology
Volume 288A, Issue 3, pages 292–296, March 2006
How to Cite
Wang, X., Zhang, X.-J., Xu, Z., Li, X., Li, G.-L., Ju, G. and Wang, B.-R. (2006), Morphological evidence for existence of IL-6 receptor alpha in the glomus cells of rat carotid body. Anat. Rec., 288A: 292–296. doi: 10.1002/ar.a.20310
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUN 2005
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). Grant Numbers: 30400156, 30270441, 30471663
- 2000. Neural and humoral pathways of communication from the immune system to the brain: parallel or convergent? Auton Neurosci 85: 60–65. , , , .
- 1997. Evidence for an intramedullary prostaglandin-dependent mechanism in the activation of stress-related neuroendocrine circuitry by intravenous interleukin-1. J Neurosci 17: 7166–7179. , , .
- 1997. Vagal paraganglia bind biotinylated interleukin-1receoptor antagonist: a possible mechanism for immune-to-brain communication. Brain Res Bull 43: 357–364. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Vagal immune-to-brain communication: a visceral chemosensory pathway. Auton Neurosci 85: 49–59. , , , , , .
- 2003. Principles of interleukin (IL)-6-type cytokine signalling and its regulation. Biochemistry J 374: 1–20. , , , , , .
- 2002. The mechanisms of immune-to-brain communication in inflammation as a drug target. Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 1: 257–262. , , .
- 2002. The paradigm of IL-6: from basic science to medicine. Arthrit Res 3(Suppl): S233–S242. , , .
- 2000. Oxygen sensing by the carotid body chemoreceptors. J Appl Physiol 88: 2287–2295. .
- 2001. Fever induction pathways: evidence from responses to systemic or local cytokine formation. Braz J Med Biol Res 34: 301–314. , .
- 1997. Signaling mechanisms through gp130: a model of the cytokine system. Cytokine Growth 8: 241–252. , , .
- 2003. Interleukin-6 receptor expression and localization after transient global ischemia in gerbil hippocampus. Neurosci Lett 341: 49–52. , , , .
- 2002. Strong expression of interleukin-1 receptor type I in the rat carotid body. J Histochem Cytochem 50: 1677–1684. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Implications of immune-to-brain communication for sickness and pain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96: 7710–7713. , .