Distinctive localization of N- and E-cadherins in rat anterior pituitary gland
Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part A: Discoveries in Molecular, Cellular, and Evolutionary Biology
Volume 288A, Issue 11, pages 1183–1189, November 2006
How to Cite
Kikuchi, M., Yatabe, M., Fujiwara, K., Takigami, S., Sakamoto, A., Soji, T. and Yashiro, T. (2006), Distinctive localization of N- and E-cadherins in rat anterior pituitary gland. Anat. Rec., 288A: 1183–1189. doi: 10.1002/ar.a.20384
- Issue online: 17 OCT 2006
- Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUN 2006
- 1995. Expression of neural cell adhesion molecules, NCAMs, and their polysialylated forms, PSA-NCAMs, in the developing rat pituitary gland. Cell Tissue Res 280: 463–472. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Regulation of the cell-cell adhesion protein, E-cadherin, in dog and human thyrocytes in vitro. Endocrinology 136: 3113–3119. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Tamoxifen restores the E-cadherin function in human breast cancer MCF-7/6 cells and suppresses their invasive phenotype. Cancer Res 54: 4607–4609. , , , , , .
- 1993. Expression of Wnt-1 in PC12 cells results in modulation of plakoglobin and E-cadherin and increased cellular adhesion. J Cell Biol 123: 1857–1865. , , .
- 1987. Spatial and temporal expression pattern of N-cadherin cell adhesion molecules correlated with morphogenetic processes of chicken embryos. Dev Biol 120: 215–227. , , , .
- 1999. Negative regulation of N-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion by the estrogen receptor signaling pathway in rat pituitary GH3 cells. Endocrine 10: 67–76. , , , .
- 1977. Junctional contact between lactotrophs and gonadotrophs in the rat pituitary. IRCS Med Sci 5: 511. , , .
- 2001. Structure and functions of classical cadherins. Biokhimiia 66: 1174–1186. , , .
- 2001. Developmental origin of the rat adenohypophysis prior to the formation of Rathke's pouch. Development 128: 959–963. , , , , , , .
- 1970. Classifications of anterior pituitary cell types with immunoenzyme histochemistry. J Histochem Cytochem 18: 9–20. .
- 2001. Topographic affinities of hormone-producing cells in the rat anterior pituitary gland. Acta Histochem Cytochem 34: 313–319. , , , .
- 2003. Rat anterior pituitary cells in vitro can partly reconstruct in vivo topographic affinities. Anat Rec 272: 548–555. , , , .
- 1988. Expressed recombinant cadherins mediate cell sorting in model systems. Cell 54: 993–1001. , , .
- 2000. Signaling from E-cadherins to the MAPK pathway by the recruitment and activation of epidermal growth factor receptors upon cell-cell contact formation. J Biol Chem 275: 41227–41233. , .
- 2003. The cell adhesion molecules N-cadherin and neural cell adhesion molecule regulate human growth hormone: a novel mechanism for regulating pituitary hormone secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88: 3724–3730. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Folliculo-stellate cells and intercellular communication within the rat anterior pituitary gland. Microsc Res Tech 39: 138–149. , , , .
- 1996. Molecular cloning and characterization of a newly identified member of the cadherin family, PB-cadherin. J Biol Chem 271: 11548–11556. , , , , , , , .
- 1990. Cadherins: a molecular family important in selective cell-cell adhesion. Annu Rev Biochem 59: 237–252. .
- 2003. Cadherins as modulators of cellular phenotype. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 19: 207–235. , .
- 1997. Molecular and functional analysis of cadherin-based adherens junctions. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 13: 119–146. , , .
- 1977. Relationship between the follicular cells and marginal layer cells of the anterior pituitary. Endocrinol Jpn 24: 301–305. , , .