Virtual patient simulator for distributed collaborative medical education
Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part B: The New Anatomist
Volume 270B, Issue 1, pages 23–29, January 2003
How to Cite
Caudell, T. P., Summers, K. L., Holten, J., Hakamata, T., Mowafi, M., Jacobs, J., Lozanoff, B. K., Lozanoff, S., Wilks, D., Keep, M. F., Saiki, S. and Alverson, D. (2003), Virtual patient simulator for distributed collaborative medical education. Anat. Rec., 270B: 23–29. doi: 10.1002/ar.b.10007
- Issue online: 13 JAN 2003
- Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2003
- Office for the Advancement of Telehealth, Health Resources and Services Administration, Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Number: 2 DIB TM00003-02
- 2001. Telehealth for Unified Community Health (TOUCH). 5th Annual Distributed Medical Intelligence Conference, Breckenridge, CO. , , .
- 1991. Conversion to problem-based learning in 15 months. In: BoudD, FelettiG, editors. The challenge of problem based learning. New York: St. Martin's Press. p 72–79. .
- 1980. Problem-based learning: An approach to medical education. Medical education series, Vol. 1. New York: Springer Verlag. , .
- 2000. Commentary on part I: Process and product in problem-based learning (PBL) research. In: EvensenDH, HmeloCE, editors. Problem-based learning: A research perspective on learning interactions. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc. Publishers. p 185–195. , .
- 2000. Student performances on step 1 and step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination following implementation of a problem-based learning curriculum. Acad Med 75: 66–70. , , .
- 1991. Introduction. In: The challenge of problem-based learning. London: Kogan Page. p 13–20. , .
- International Telecommunication Union. 1993. Video codec for audiovisual services at p*64kb/s, ITU-T Recommendation H.261.
- 2003. Integration of advanced technologies to enhance experiential problem-based learning over distance: Project TOUCH. Anat Rec (New Anat) 270B: 16–22. , , , et al.
- 1989. The New Mexico experiment: Educational innovation and institutional change. Acad Med 64: 285–294. , , , et al.
- 1999. Mbone Multicast/Unicast Gateway and Reflector (C Program). Pasadena, CA: University of Southern California. .
- 2003. Anatomy and the Access Grid: exploiting plastinated brain sections for use in distributed medical education. Anat Rec (New Anat) 270B: 30–37. , , , et al.
- 2002. Artificial intelligence. New York: Addison-Wesley. .
- 1994. MBone provides audio and video across the Internet. IEEE Comp 27: 30–36. , .
- 1999. Do we all mean the same thing by “problem-based learning”? A review of the concepts and a formulation of ground rules. Acad Med 74: 178–185. .
- 1995. Vic: A flexible framework for packet video. ACM Multimedia, p 511–522. , .
- 1996. RTP: A transport protocol for real-time applications. IETF Audio-Video Transport Working Group RFC1889. , , , .
- 2000. Design and implementation of a virtual reality system and its application to training medical first responders presence: Teleoperators and virtual environments. MIT Press J 9: 524–556. , , , , .