Dr. Soh received his PhD from Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island. He is a professor at the Biomedical Physics Laboratory, School of Physics, Seoul National University, South Korea. His current research interests are scientific investigations into the mechanism of acupuncture and the physical basis of acupuncture points and meridians. Dr. Lee is at the same institute. He has worked on magnetobiology and is currently studying the Bonghan system. Ms. Yoo and Ms. Baik are graduate students. Dr. Kim is at the National Instrumentation Center for Environmental Management, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University. His interest is the application of cryo-SEM for studies in microscopic anatomy.
Novel threadlike structures (Bonghan ducts) inside lymphatic vessels of rabbits visualized with a Janus Green B staining method
Article first published online: 21 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part B: The New Anatomist
Volume 286B, Issue 1, pages 1–7, September 2005
How to Cite
Lee, B.-C., Yoo, J. S., Baik, K. Y., Kim, K. W. and Soh, K.-S. (2005), Novel threadlike structures (Bonghan ducts) inside lymphatic vessels of rabbits visualized with a Janus Green B staining method. Anat. Rec., 286B: 1–7. doi: 10.1002/ar.b.20076
- Issue published online: 21 SEP 2005
- Article first published online: 21 SEP 2005
- Ministry of Science and Technology. Grant Number: NRL, M1-0302-00-0007
- 2004. Threadlike structures in the aorta and coronary artery of swine. J Int Soc Life Info Sci 22: 609–611. , , .
- 1998. New findings of the correlation between acupoints and corresponding brain cortices using functional MRI. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95: 2670–2673. , , , , , , , .
- 1960. Studies on the mechanism of Janus green B staining of mitochondria: IV, reduction of Janus green B by isolated cell fractions. Anat Rec 138: 49–66. , , .
- 1967. “Bonghan theory” morphological studies. Igaku No Ayumi 60: 567–577. , .
- 2004. Microlymphatic and tissue oxygen tension in the rat mesentery. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286: H868–H883. , , , , .
- 2002. Method for observing intravascular Bonghan duct. Korean J Orient Prevent Med Soc 6: 162–166. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Ultrasonic visualization and stimulation of classical oriental acupuncture points. Med Acupuncture 15: 24–26. , .
- 1966. Bau and function der haut. Deutshe Zeitschrift Akupunktur 15: 1–31. .
- 1963. On the Kyungrak system. J Acad Med Sci DPR Korea 1–41. .
- 1965. Sanal theory. J Acad Med Sci DPR Korea 168: 39–62. .
- 1973. Acupuncture analgesia: its application by conditioning theory, autogenic training and hypnosis. Am J Psychiatry 130: 855–860. .
- 2002. Relationship of acupuncture points and meridians to connective tissue planes. Anat Rec (New Anat) 269B: 257–265. , .
- 2004a. Acridine orange staining method to reveal the characteristic features of an intravascular threadlike structure. Anat Rec 278B: 27–30. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004b. Bonghan ducts on the surface of rat internal organs. J Int Soc Life Info Sci 22: 455–459. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Unique duct system and the corpuscle-like structures found on the surface of the liver. J Int Soc Life Info Sci 22: 460–462. , , , , , .
- 2002. Molecular characterization of lymphatic endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci 99: 16069–16074. , , , , , , .
- 1991. Low temperature scanning electron microscopy of fungi and fungus-plant interactions. In: MendgenK, LesemannDE, editors. Electron microscopy of plant pathogens. Heidelberg: Springer. p 17–29. .
- 2005. Feulgen reaction study of novel threadlike structures (Bonghan ducts) on the surface of mammalian organs. Anat Rec 284B: 35–40. , ., , , , , , .
- 1993. Janus Green B as a rapid, vital stain for peripheral nerves and chordotonal organs in insects. J Neurosci Methods 49: 17–22. .