Dr. Qatarneh received his PhD from Stockholm University and is a researcher at the Division of Medical Radiation Physics (DMRP) at the Karolinska Institutet (KI). His research interests include medical informatics and medical image processing for treatment planning in radiation oncology.
Three-dimensional atlas of lymph node topography based on the visible human data set
Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part B: The New Anatomist
Volume 289B, Issue 3, pages 98–111, May 2006
How to Cite
Qatarneh, S. M., Kiricuta, I.-C., Brahme, A., Tiede, U. and Lind, B. K. (2006), Three-dimensional atlas of lymph node topography based on the visible human data set. Anat. Rec., 289B: 98–111. doi: 10.1002/ar.b.20102
- Issue online: 16 JUN 2006
- Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2006
- 1997. Specification of dose delivery in radiation therapy: recommendations by the Nordic Association of Clinical Physics (NACP). Acta Oncol 36(Suppl 10): 1–32. , , , , , , .
- 2002. An overview of neck node sonography. Invest Radiol 37: 333–342. , .
- 1955. The significance of the axillary node levels in the study of the breast cancer. Cancer 63: 776–778. .
- 1988. Accuracy requirements and quality assurance of external beam therapy with photons and electrons. Acta Oncol (Suppl 1): 1–76. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Biologically optimized 3-dimensional in vivo predictive assay-based radiation therapy using positron emission tomography-computerized tomography imaging. Acta Oncol 42: 123–136. .
- 1977. An approach for the treatment of penile carcinoma. Cancer 39: 456–466. .
- 2001. Anatomic study of the lymph nodes of the mesorectum. Dis Colon Rectum 44: 1333–1336. , , , , .
- 2002. Determination and delineation of nodal target volumes for head and neck cancer based on patterns of failure in patients receiving definitive and postoperative IMRT. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53: 1174–1184. , , , , .
- 2000. Three-dimensional image and virtual dissection program of the brain made of Korean cadaver. Yonsei Med J 41: 299–303. , .
- 2002. Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancer. N Engl J Med 347: 1233–1241. , , , et al.
- 2002. Cancer: targeting lymphatic metastasis. Science 296: 1811–1812. , .
- 1983. Multi-dimensional treatment planning: II, beam's eye view, back projection, and projection through CT sections, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 9: 189–197. , , , , .
- 2000. Selection and delineation of lymph node target volumes in head and neck conformal radiotherapy: proposal for standardizing terminology and procedure based on the surgical experience. Radiother Oncol 56: 135–150. , , , , .
- RTOG Groups. 2003. CT-based delineation of lymph node levels and related CTVs in the node-negative neck: DAHANCA, EORTC, GORTEC, NCIC and RTOG consensus guidelines. Radiother Oncol 69: 227–236. , , , and
- 2002. MR evaluation of normal retroperitoneal and pelvic lymph nodes. Clin Radiol 57: 193–200. , , , .
- 1995. A new representation of knowledge concerning human anatomy and function. Nat Med 1: 506–511. , , , , et al.
- 2001. Target volume selection and delineation in breast cancer conformal radiotherapy. Limburg: Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Target Volume Definition in Radiation Oncology. p 93–123. .
- 2004a. Normal head and neck lymph nodes topography based on the data set of the visible human. Limburg: Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Target Volume Definition in Radiation Oncology: The Lymphatic System, New Developments in Oncology and IMRT. p 87–104. , , .
- 2004b. Pelvic lymph nodes topography based on the data set of the visible human male. Limburg: Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Target Volume Definition in Radiation Oncology: The Lymphatic System, New Developments in Oncology and IMRT. p 139–154. , , .
- 2003. The lymphatic system. In: GrégoireV, et al., editors. Clinical target volumes in conformal and intensity modulated radiation therapy. New York: Springer. p 1–36. .
- 2004. Rotterdam and Brussels CT-based neck nodal delineation compared to the surgical levels as defined by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58: 113–123. , , , et al.
- 1999. Cross-sectional nodal atlas: a tool for the definition of clinical target volumes in three dimensional radiation therapy planning. Radiology 211: 815–828. , , , .
- 1999. A three dimensional CT-based target volume definition for elective irradiation of the neck. Int J Rad Oncol Biol Phys 45: 33–39. , , , .
- 2002. Lymphatic metastasis in the absence of functional intratumor lymphatics. Science 296: 1883–1886. , , , et al.
- 2004. A population-based atlas and clinical target volume for the head-and-neck lymph nodes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59: 1301–1311. , , , , et al.
- 2003. Evaluation of a segmentation procedure to delineate organs for use in construction of a radiation therapy planning atlas. Int J Med Inform 69: 39–55. , , , , , .
- 2004. 3D lymph node topography atlas based on the visible human data set. Limburg: Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Target Volume Definition in Radiation Oncology: The Lymphatic System, New Developments in Oncology and IMRT. p 59–72. , , , .
- 1991. Normal lymph node topography CT atlas. New York: Springer-Verlag. , .
- Committee for Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology. 2002. Neck dissection classification update: revisions proposed by the American Head and Neck Society and the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128: 751–758. , , , , et al., the
- 1948. Anatomie humane descriptive et topographique, 6th ed. Paris: Masson. p 226–230. .
- 1997. Segmentation of the visible human for high quality volume based visualization. Med Image Anal 1: 263–271. , , .
- 1999. An imaging based classification for the cervical nodes designed as an adjunct to recent clinically based nodal classification. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 125: 388–396. , , .
- 1996. The visible human male: a technical report. J Am Med Inform Assoc 3: 118–130. , , , .
- 1998. The visible human data set: the anatomical platform for human simulation. Anat Rec 253: 49–57. , .
- 2006. Virtual anatomy: an anatomist's playground. Clin Anat 19: 192–203. , .
- 1965. Conformation radiotherapy: rotation techniques as applied to radiography and radiotherapy of cancer. Acta Radiol Diagn (Suppl) 242: 1–142. .
- 1996. Visualizing the visible human. IEEE Comput Graphics Appl 16: 7–9. , , .
- UAMS Gross Anatomy. 1999. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Anatomy, TankPW, editor. http://anatomy.uams.edu/anatomyhtml/gross.html (accessed April 2006).
- 2000. Imaging of lymph nodes in the neck. Semin Roentgenol 35: 42–53. , .
- 1990. Contributions of vascularized lymph-node metastases to hematogenous metastasis in a rat mammary carcinoma. Int J Cancer 46: 452–455. , .
- 1999. A simplified CT-based definition of the lymph node levels in the node negative neck. Radiother Oncol 52: 35–42. , , , et al.
- 2003. Creation of the Chinese visible human data set. Anat Rec (New Anat) 275B: 190–196. , , , et al.