Dr. Elizondo-Omaña is coordinator of scholarship recipients for the Department of Human Anatomy, School of Medicine, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León. His research interests include morphological characteristics of vascular conduits used as a bypass.
Study pace as a factor that influences achievement in a human anatomy course
Article first published online: 24 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part B: The New Anatomist
Volume 289B, Issue 4, pages 134–138, July 2006
How to Cite
Elizondo-Omaña, R. E., García-Rodríguez, M. D. L. A., Morales-Gómez, J. A. and Guzmán-López, S. (2006), Study pace as a factor that influences achievement in a human anatomy course. Anat. Rec., 289B: 134–138. doi: 10.1002/ar.b.20103
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 24 JUL 2006
- 2003. Educational programs in US medical schools, 2002–2003. JAMA 290: 1190–1196. , .
- 2002. Assessment outcomes: computerized instruction in a human anatomy course. J Allied Health 31: 153–158. .
- 2000. Learning gross anatomy in a clinical skills course. Clin Anat 13: 447. , , .
- 2002. Characteristics of first year students in Canadian medical schools. Can Med Assoc J 166: 1029–1035. , , , , , .
- 2001. Student responses to the gross anatomy laboratory in a medical curriculum. Clin Anat 14: 231–236. , , .
- 1998. Anatomy education in a changing medical curriculum. Anat Rec (New Anat) 253: 28–31. .
- 2002. Survey of gross anatomy, microscopic anatomy, neuroscience, and embryology courses in medical school curricula in the United States. Anat Rec (New Anat) 269: 118–122. , , , .
- 2004. Traditional teaching supported by computer assisted learning in gross anatomy. Anat Rec 278B: 18–22. , et al.
- 2002. Traditions and peculiarities of clinical anatomy education in Russia. Clin Anat 15: 152–156. .
- 1965. Anatomía humana. Mexico: Interamericana. , , .
- 1988. Teaching and learning anatomy in medicine. Clin Anat 1: 3–5. , .
- 2003. The impact of curricular change on medical student's knowledge of anatomy. Med Educ 37: 954–961. , , , , , .
- 2000. Approach to learning spatial relationships in gross anatomy. Clin Anat 13: 439–443. .
- 1992. Anatomy and the medical school curriculum. Lancet 340: 834–835. .
- 1984. Physicians for the twenty-first century: report of the project panel on the general professional education of the physician and college preparation for medicine. J Med Educ 59: 1–208. .
- 1993. Gross anatomy: an outdated subject or an essential part of a modern medical curriculum? Anat Rec 237: 431–433. .
- 1997. Retrospective evaluation of undergraduate medical education by doctors at the end of their residency time in hopitals: consequences for anatomical curriculum. Anat Rec 249: 431–434. , .
- 2002. The new face of gross anatomy. Anat Rec (New Anat) 269: 81–88. , .