Use of Web-based materials to enhance anatomy instruction in the health sciences
Version of Record online: 24 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record Part B: The New Anatomist
Volume 289B, Issue 4, pages 121–127, July 2006
How to Cite
Granger, N. A., Calleson, D. C., Henson, O.W., Juliano, E., Wineski, L., Mcdaniel, M. D. and Burgoon, J. M. (2006), Use of Web-based materials to enhance anatomy instruction in the health sciences. Anat. Rec., 289B: 121–127. doi: 10.1002/ar.b.20104
- Issue online: 24 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 24 JUL 2006
- 2002. The human cadaver in the age of biomedical informatics. Anat Rec 269: 20–32. , , , , , .
- 2000. How people learn: brain, mind, experience, and school. Washington, DC: National Academy Press. , , .
- 2003. Human anatomy in modern medical education. FASEB J 17: A774.3 .
- 1999. Adequacy of medical school gross anatomy education as perceived by certain postgraduate residency programs and anatomy course directors. Clin Anat 12: 55–65. .
- 2000. Quidne mortui vivos docent? The evolving purpose of human dissection in medical education. Acad Med 75: 969–979. , .
- 2001. How medical students learn spatial anatomy. Lancet 357: 363–364. , , .
- 2004. Dissection laboratory is vital to medical gross anatomy. Anat Rec 281B: 6–8. .
- 2002. The changing role of dissection in medical education. MSJAMA 287: 1180–1181. , .
- 1999. Human anatomy: a foundation for education about death and dying in medicine. Clin Anat 10: 118–122.
- 2000. The role of three-dimensional information in health care and medical education: the implications for anatomy and dissection. Clin Anat 13: 448–452.
- 1999. Visual-spatial thinking: an aspect of science overlooked by educators. Sci Edu 83: 33–54. .
- 2003. Three facets of visual and verbal learners: cognitive ability, cognitive style and learning preference. J Educ Psychol 95: 833–846. , .
- 2005. The importance of anatomy in health professions education and the shortage of qualified instructors. Acad Med 80: 349–351. , , .
- 2004. New path for teaching anatomy: living anatomy and medical imaging vs. dissection. Anat Rec 281B: 4–5. .
- 2004. Teaching anatomy without cadavers. Med Educ 38: 418–424. , , , .
- 2004. Dissection in learning and teaching gross anatomy: rebuttal to McLachlan. Anat Rec 281B: 9–11. , .
- 2004. Prosection vs dissection, the debate continues: rebuttal to Granger. Anat Rec 281B: 12–14. .
- 1999. Concepts of variation and normality in morphology: important issues at risk in modern undergraduate medical courses. Clin Anat 12: 186–190. , .
- 2000. The new anatomy: a forecast for hope. Clin Anat 13: 148–149. .