Occupational exposure to crystalline silica and risk of systemic lupus erythematosus: A population-based, case–control study in the Southeastern United States
Version of Record online: 11 JUL 2002
Copyright © 2002 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 46, Issue 7, pages 1840–1850, July 2002
How to Cite
Parks, C. G., Cooper, G. S., Nylander-French, L. A., Sanderson, W. T., Dement, J. M., Cohen, P. L., Dooley, M. A., Treadwell, E. L., St.Clair, E. W., Gilkeson, G. S., Hoppin, J. A. and Savitz, D. A. (2002), Occupational exposure to crystalline silica and risk of systemic lupus erythematosus: A population-based, case–control study in the Southeastern United States. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 46: 1840–1850. doi: 10.1002/art.10368
- Issue online: 11 JUL 2002
- Version of Record online: 11 JUL 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAR 2002
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2001
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Intramural Research Program
- National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities
- 7Exposure to respirable crystalline silica in eastern North Carolina farm workers. Am Ind Hyg Assoc J. In press., , , , .
- 16Persistent overexpression of interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in murine silicosis. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 1998; 17: 99–114., , .
- 22Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 25National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Review of the literature on crystalline silica. Cincinnati (OH): Department of Health and Human Services (NIOSH); 1983.
- 26National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Potential for exposure during construction. Cincinnati (OH): Department of Health and Human Services (NIOSH); 1996.
- 27Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Special Emphasis Program (SEP) for silicosis. Washington (DC): US Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration; 1997.
- 28National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. NIOSH pocket guide to chemical hazards. Washington (DC): US Department of Labor; 1990.
- 29Occupational Safety and Health Administration. OSHA safety and health standards (29 CFR 1910): general industry. Washington (DC): US Department of Labor; 1983.
- 31United States Geological Survey. Soil systems map North Carolina. Reston (VA): US Department of Agriculture; 1983.
- 33Modern Epidemiology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven; 1998., .
- 36Reply to Epidemiology of scleroderma among women: assessment of risk from exposure to silica and silicone [letter]. J Rheumatol 1997; 24: 1854., , , .
- 58Statistical methods in cancer research. Vol. 1. The analysis of case-control studies. Lyon (France): IARC Scientific Publications; 1980. p. 74., .