See acknowledgments for members of the LUMINA Study Group
Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. XI. Sources of discrepancy in perception of disease activity: A comparison of physician and patient visual analog scale scores†
Article first published online: 12 AUG 2002
Copyright © 2002 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 408–413, 15 August 2002
How to Cite
Alarcón, G. S., McGwin, G., Brooks, K., Roseman, J. M., Fessler, B. J., Sanchez, M. L., Bastian, H. M., Friedman, A. W., Baethge, B. A., Reveille, J. D. and LUMINA STUDY GROUP (2002), Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. XI. Sources of discrepancy in perception of disease activity: A comparison of physician and patient visual analog scale scores. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 47: 408–413. doi: 10.1002/art.10512
- Issue published online: 12 AUG 2002
- Article first published online: 12 AUG 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2001
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2001
- NIH, Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: R01-AR-42503
- General Clinical Center Research Grants. Grant Numbers: M01-RR-02558, M01-RR-00073, M01-RR-00032
- 4the LUMINA Study Group. Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. I. The effect of HLA class II, C4, and CR1 alleles, socioeconomic factors, and ethnicity at disease onset. Arthritis Rheum 1998; 41: 1161–72., , , , , , et al. for
- 7Guidelines for culturally appropriate health care. In: HarwoodA, editor. Ethnicity and medical care. Cambridge: Harvard University Press; 1981. p. 482–508..
- 10the LUMINA Study Group. Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. V. Acculturation, health-related attitudes and behaviors and disease activity in Hispanic patients from the LUMINA cohort. Arthritis Care Res 1999; 12: 267–74., , , , , , for
- 12Measuring the functional components of social support. In: SarasonI, SarasonBR, editors. Social support: theory, research, applications, Boston: Martinus Nijhoff; 1985 p. 73–94., , , .
- 13Illness Behavior Questionnaire (IBQ). In: CorcoranK, FischerJ, editors. Measures for clinical practice: a source book. New York: Free Press; 1996. p. 182–5., .
- 19Discrepant perception of disease activity among patients with SLE from three different ethnic groups [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 1995; 38: S386., , , , , , et al.
- 20Absence of renal disease but not ethnicity accounts for discrepant perception of disease activity among lupus patients from different ethnic groups. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: S160., , , , , .