Racial differences in social network experience and perceptions of benefit of arthritis treatments among New York City Medicare beneficiaries with self-reported hip and knee pain
Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2002
Copyright © 2002 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 366–371, 15 August 2002
How to Cite
Blake, V. A., Allegrante, J. P., Robbins, L., Mancuso, C. A., Peterson, M. G. E., Esdaile, J. M., Paget, S. A. and Charlson, M. E. (2002), Racial differences in social network experience and perceptions of benefit of arthritis treatments among New York City Medicare beneficiaries with self-reported hip and knee pain. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 47: 366–371. doi: 10.1002/art.10538
- Issue online: 12 AUG 2002
- Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 DEC 2001
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2001
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: 2P60-AR-38520
- 12A comparison of self-reported hip symptomatology between hip replacement patients and population-based controls [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 1994; 37 Suppl 9: S230., , , , , , et al.
- 141990 Census. Table 2: Total population by race and Hispanic origin, New York City and boroughs by census tract and block, Manhattan. Source: Public Law File 94-171 (February 1991). Prepared by the Population Division, New York City Dept of City Planning.
- 16Total hip replacement. NIH Consensus Statement. 1994;Sep 12–14; 12: 1–31.
- 20Healthy People 2010 (conference edition, in two volumes). Washington (DC): US Dept of Health and Human Services; January 2000.
- 22Variation in perceptions of treatment and self-care practices in elderly with osteoarthritis: a comparison between African American and white patients. Arthritis Rheum (Arthritis Care Res) 2001; 45: 340–5., , , .
- 23Factors that influence African-Americans' willingness to participate in medical research studies. Cancer 2001; 91 Suppl: 233–6., , .
- 26National Arthritis Action Plan: a public health strategy. Atlanta: Arthritis Foundation and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 1999.