Inhibition of adjuvant-induced arthritis by systemic tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 4 gene delivery
Version of Record online: 12 DEC 2002
Copyright © 2002 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 46, Issue 12, pages 3361–3368, December 2002
How to Cite
Çeliker, M. Y., Ramamurthy, N., Xu, J.-W., Wang, M., Jiang, Y., Greenwald, R. and Shi, Y. E. (2002), Inhibition of adjuvant-induced arthritis by systemic tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 4 gene delivery. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 46: 3361–3368. doi: 10.1002/art.10648
- Issue online: 12 DEC 2002
- Version of Record online: 12 DEC 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2002
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAR 2002
- 6Levels of circulating collagenase, stromelysin-1, and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases 1 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: relationship to serum levels of antigenic keratan sulfate and systemic parameters of inflammation. Arthritis Rheum 1995; 38: 1031–9., , , .
- 7Circulating levels of matrix metalloproteinases MMP-3 and MMP-1, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP-1), and MMP-1/TIMP-1 complex in rheumatic disease: correlation with clinical activity of rheumatoid arthritis versus other surrogate markers. J Rheumatol 1999; 26: 251–8., , , , , , et al.
- 9Etiology and pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. In: RuddyS, HarrisED, SledgeCB, editors. Textbook of rheumatology. Vol. 2. 6th ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 2001. p. 921–66..
- 10Discoordinate expression of stromelysin, collagenase, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in rheumatoid human synovial fibroblasts: synergistic effects of interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha on stromelysin expression. J Biol Chem 1990; 265: 17238–45., , , , .
- 11Imbalance between interstitial collagenase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 in synoviocytes and fibroblasts upon direct contact with stimulated T lymphocytes: involvement of membrane-associated cytokines. Arthritis Rheum 1998; 41: 1748–59., , , , , , et al.
- 12Autoimmune rheumatic disease. 2nd ed. Oxford (UK): Oxford Medical Publications; 1999..
- 13Long-term follow-up of the changes in circulating cytokines, soluble cytokine receptors, and white blood cell subset counts in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) after monoclonal anti-TNF alpha antibody therapy. J Clin Immunol 1999; 19: 305–13., , , , , , et al.
- 17Modulation of inflammation and metalloproteinase expression in synovial tissue by leflunomide and methotrexate in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: findings in a prospective, randomized, double-blind, parallel-design clinical trial in thirty-nine patients at two centers. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: 1820–30., , , , , , et al.,
- 23CRC handbook of animal models for the rheumatic diseases. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; 1988., .
- 29Specific, high affinity binding of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-4 (TIMP-4) to the COOH-terminal hemopexin-like domain of human gelatinase A: TIMP-4 binds progelatinase A and the COOH terminal domain in a similar manner to TIMP-2. J Biol Chem 1997; 272: 15496–500., , , , .