Tuberculosis in the cytokine era: What rheumatologists need to know
Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2003
Copyright © 2003 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 48, Issue 8, pages 2085–2091, August 2003
How to Cite
Hamilton, C. D. (2003), Tuberculosis in the cytokine era: What rheumatologists need to know. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 48: 2085–2091. doi: 10.1002/art.11134
- Issue online: 1 AUG 2003
- Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 APR 2003
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 2003
- NIH/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Grant Numbers: K07-HL-96-022, HL-00-014
- NIH/National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Grant Number: IU01-AI-39156-01
- North Carolina Tuberculosis Control Program
- CDC–VA Memorandum of Understanding supporting the Tuberculosis Trials Consortium
- 1BIOBADASER Group. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors may predispose to significant increase in tuberculosis risk: a multicenter active-surveillance report. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 2122–7., , , , , on behalf of the
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Reported TB in the United States, Surveillance Reports: 2000. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 1–95.
- 8Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Anergy skin testing and tuberculosis [corrected] preventive therapy for HIV-infected persons: revised recommendations [published erratum appears in MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1997;46:880]. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1997; 46(RR-15): 1–10.
- 9American Thoracic Society. Targeted tuberculin testing and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection. MMWR Recomm Rep 2000; 49(RR-6): 1–51.
- 10Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS, the Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group, the Pan American Health Organization, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Study Group. Rifampin and pyrazinamide vs isoniazid for prevention of tuberculosis in HIV-infected persons: an international randomized trial. JAMA 2000; 283: 1445–50., , , , , , et al, the
- 13Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Update: fatal and severe liver injuries associated with rifampin and pyrazinamide for latent tuberculosis infection, and revisions in American Thoracic Society/CDC recommendations—United States, 2001. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 50: 733–5.
- 14Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Update: nucleic acid amplification tests for tuberculosis. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2000; 49: 593–4.