Bone edema scored on magnetic resonance imaging scans of the dominant carpus at presentation predicts radiographic joint damage of the hands and feet six years later in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2003
Copyright © 2003 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 48, Issue 7, pages 1814–1827, July 2003
How to Cite
McQueen, F. M., Benton, N., Perry, D., Crabbe, J., Robinson, E., Yeoman, S., McLean, L. and Stewart, N. (2003), Bone edema scored on magnetic resonance imaging scans of the dominant carpus at presentation predicts radiographic joint damage of the hands and feet six years later in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 48: 1814–1827. doi: 10.1002/art.11162
- Issue online: 2 JUL 2003
- Version of Record online: 2 JUL 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAR 2003
- Manuscript Received: 25 NOV 2002
- Health Research Council of New Zealand
- Arthritis Foundation of New Zealand
- Auckland Medical Research Foundation
- Lotteries Health, New Zealand
- Auckland Radiology Group
- 1Adult and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: current epidemiologic concepts. Epidemiol Rev 1981; 3: 2–44..
- 5Prognostic factors for radiographic damage and physical disability in early rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective follow-up study of 147 patients. Br J Rheumatol 1992; 3: 519–25., , , , , .
- 12Magnetic resonance imaging–determined synovial membrane volume as a marker of disease activity and a predictor of progressive joint destruction in the wrists of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 5: 918–29., , , , , , et al.
- 13New radiographic bone erosions in rheumatoid arthritis wrists are visible by MRI a median of 2 years earlier [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2002; 61 Suppl 1: 60., , , , , , et al.
- 24Development of a scoring system for MRI in rheumatoid arthritis: summary of the OMERACT 6 MR imaging module. J Rheumatol. In press., , , , , , et al.