Cellular basis of ectopic germinal center formation and autoantibody production in the target organ of patients with Sjögren's syndrome
Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2003
Copyright © 2003 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 48, Issue 11, pages 3187–3201, November 2003
How to Cite
Salomonsson, S., Jonsson, M. V., Skarstein, K., Brokstad, K. A., Hjelmström, P., Wahren-Herlenius, M. and Jonsson, R. (2003), Cellular basis of ectopic germinal center formation and autoantibody production in the target organ of patients with Sjögren's syndrome. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 48: 3187–3201. doi: 10.1002/art.11311
- Issue online: 4 NOV 2003
- Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUL 2003
- Manuscript Received: 25 NOV 2002
- EU Marie Curie Training Fellowship. Grant Number: QLK2-1999-51079
- Swedish Medical Research Council
- Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research
- Swedish Society for Medicine
- Karolinska Institutet
- Prof. Nanna Svartz' Foundation
- King Gustaf V's 80-Year Foundation
- Börje Dahlin Foundation
- Clas Groschinsky Foundation
- Emil and Wera Cornell Foundation
- Swedish Rheumatism Association
- Faculty of Odontology of the University of Bergen
- Broegelmann Foundation
- Helse Bergen HF
- EXTRA Funds from the Norwegian Foundation for Health and Rehabilitation
- NDD Fond for Dental Research
- 1Sjögren's syndrome. In: KoopmanWJ, editor. Arthritis and allied conditions—a textbook of rheumatology. 14th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2001. p. 1736–59., , .
- 11Ectopic expression of the B cell–attracting chemokine BCA-1 (CXCL13) on endothelial cells and within lymphoid follicles contributes to the establishment of germinal center–like structures in Sjögren's syndrome. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44: 2633–41., , , , , , et al.
- 12“Lymphoid” chemokine messenger RNA expression by epithelial cells in the chronic inflammatory lesion of the salivary glands of Sjögren's syndrome patients: possible participation in lymphoid structure formation. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44: 408–18., , , , , .
- 13Expression of the B cell-attracting chemokine CXCL13 in the target organ and autoantibody production in ectopic lymphoid tissue in the chronic inflammatory disease Sjogren's syndrome. Scand J Immunol 2002; 55: 336–42., , , , , .
- 27Lymphocyte migration to inflamed lacrimal glands is mediated by vascular cell adhesion molecule-1/alpha(4)beta(1) integrin, peripheral node addressin/l-selectin, and lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 adhesion pathways. Am J Pathol 2001; 159: 671–81., , , .
- 32KlieppelJH, editor. Appendix I. Criteria for the classification and diagnosis of the rheumatic diseases. In: Primer on the rheumatic diseases. 11th ed. Atlanta: Arthritis Foundation; 1997. p. 453–64.
- 49Activation of epithelial and myoepithelial cells in the salivary glands of patients with Sjogren's syndrome: high expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM.1) in biopsy specimens and cultured cells. Clin Exp Immunol 2001; 124: 126–33., , , , .