Validation and reproducibility of ultrasonography in the detection of synovitis in the knee: A comparison with arthroscopy and clinical examination
Article first published online: 5 FEB 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 387–394, February 2004
How to Cite
Karim, Z., Wakefield, R. J., Quinn, M., Conaghan, P. G., Brown, A. K., Veale, D. J., Connor, P. O., Reece, R. and Emery, P. (2004), Validation and reproducibility of ultrasonography in the detection of synovitis in the knee: A comparison with arthroscopy and clinical examination. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 50: 387–394. doi: 10.1002/art.20054
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2004
- Article first published online: 5 FEB 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Received: 16 OCT 2002
- The Arthritis Research Campaign
- 1Magnetic resonance imaging–determined synovial membrane volume as a marker of disease activity and a predictor of progressive joint destruction in the wrists of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 918–29., , , , , , et al.
- 4Synovitis predicts the arthroscopic progression of medial tibiofemoral osteoarthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44 Suppl 9: S101., , , , .
- 10Magnetic resonance imaging–determined synovial membrane and joint effusion volumes in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis: comparison with the macroscopic and microscopic appearance of the synovium. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1856–67., , , , , .
- 18Gross and histological changes in knee joint in rheumatoid arthritis. Arch Pathol 1935; 20: 507–22., .
- 24Turnover of type II collagen and aggrecan in cartilage matrix at the onset of inflammatory arthritis in humans: relationship to mediators of systemic and local inflammation. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 3085–95., , , , , , et al.
- 29Elucidation of the relationship between synovitis and bone damage: a randomized magnetic resonance imaging study of individual joints in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 64–71., , , , , , et al.