Drs. Breedveld, Furst, van der Heijde, Kalden, Maini, Smolen, St.Clair, and Weisman have received consultancies and/or honoraria from Centocor, Inc. Drs. Marsters and Maini have stock ownership or options in Centocor, Inc. In 2002, Dr. Maini received a fee for giving expert testimony to the FDA during a hearing on inhibition of structural damage. The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology has a patent and a research and licensing agreement from Centocor, Inc., for the use of infliximab in rheumatoid arthritis, for which it has received royalties. As co-inventor, Dr. Maini receives a percentage of the royalties.
Sustained improvement over two years in physical function, structural damage, and signs and symptoms among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and methotrexate†
Article first published online: 5 APR 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 1051–1065, April 2004
How to Cite
Maini, R. N., Breedveld, F. C., Kalden, J. R., Smolen, J. S., Furst, D., Weisman, M. H., St.Clair, E. W., Keenan, G. F., van der Heijde, D., Marsters, P. A. and Lipsky, P. E. (2004), Sustained improvement over two years in physical function, structural damage, and signs and symptoms among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and methotrexate. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 50: 1051–1065. doi: 10.1002/art.20159
- Issue published online: 5 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 5 APR 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 3 OCT 2002
- Centocor, Inc., Malvern, Pennsylvania
- 10SF-36 physical and mental health summary scales: a user's manual. Boston: The Health Institute; 1994., , .
- 15Practical nonparametric statistics. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 1980..
- 16US Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), Center for Devices and Radiologic Health (CDRH). Guidance for Industry: Clinical development programs for drugs, devices, and biological products for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Clin 7; Washington. February 1999.
- 24The burden of rheumatoid arthritis: based on a presentation by Frederick Wolfe, MD. Am J Managed Care 1999; 5 Suppl 14: S852–9..
- 34Long term safety of infliximab. Can J Gastroenterol 2000; 14 Suppl C: 29–32C..