Drs. Genovese, Cohen, and Moreland have served as consultants for Amgen, Inc.
Combination therapy with etanercept and anakinra in the treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis who have been treated unsuccessfully with methotrexate
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 50, Issue 5, pages 1412–1419, May 2004
How to Cite
Genovese, M. C., Cohen, S., Moreland, L., Lium, D., Robbins, S., Newmark, R., Bekker, P. and for the 20000223 Study Group (2004), Combination therapy with etanercept and anakinra in the treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis who have been treated unsuccessfully with methotrexate. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 50: 1412–1419. doi: 10.1002/art.20221
- Issue online: 6 MAY 2004
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2002
- Amgen, Inc., Thousand Oaks, California
- 1UtsingerPD, ZvaiflerNJ, EhrlichGE, editors. Rheumatoid arthritis, etiology, diagnosis, and therapy. Philadelphia: Lippincott; 1985.
- 6Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with anakinra, a recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, in combination with methotrexate: results of a twenty-four–week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 614–24., , , , , , et al.
- 10Combination benefit of treatment with the cytokine inhibitors interleukin-1 receptor antagonist and PEGylated soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor type I in animal models of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: 2648–59., , , , , , et al.
- 14Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 15SF-36 physical and mental health summary scales: a user's manual. Boston: The Health Assessment Lab, New England Medical Center; 1994., , .
- 18ICH Guidelines. 21 CFR. Sect. 312.32 (Revised as of April 1, 2003).
- 19Pharmacokinetics (PK) of anakinra in subjects with various degrees of renal function. Clin Pharmacol Ther [abstract] 2002; 71: 14., , , , , , et al.
- 20The kidney is the major organ of elimination of Kineret (anakinra). Ann Rheum Dis 2002; 61 Suppl 2: 203., , .
- 22Safety of combination therapy with anakinra and etanercept in patients with rheumatoid arthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44 Suppl 9: S79., , , , , , et al.