Drs. Kaltwasser, Nash, Rosen, Behrens, Jones, and Mease have served as consultants to and/or received honoraria from Aventis, the manufacturer of leflunomide.
Efficacy and safety of leflunomide in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis: A multinational, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 50, Issue 6, pages 1939–1950, June 2004
How to Cite
Kaltwasser, J. P., Nash, P., Gladman, D., Rosen, C. F., Behrens, F., Jones, P., Wollenhaupt, J., Falk, F. G. and Mease, P. (2004), Efficacy and safety of leflunomide in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis: A multinational, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 50: 1939–1950. doi: 10.1002/art.20253
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2004
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 FEB 2004
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2003
- 4National Psoriasis Foundation. New research shows 1 million U.S. adults suffer from psoriatic arthritis: others may be at risk but not know it. Portland (OR): NPF Press Releases; May 15, 2002. URL: http://www.psoriasis.org/release2002.psasurvey.htm.
- 14Interventions for treating psoriatic arthritis (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 3. Oxford: Update Software; 2001., , .
- 19Alefacept treatment in psoriatic arthritis: reduction of the effector T cell population in peripheral blood and synovial tissue is associated with improvement of clinical signs of arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 2776–84., , , , , , et al.
- 24Utilization of Leflunomide in the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis Trial Investigator Group. Two-year, blinded, randomized, controlled trial of treatment of active rheumatoid arthritis with leflunomide compared with methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44: 1984–92., , , , , , et al, for the
- 26Long-term evaluation of radiographic disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treated with leflunomide beyond 2 years [abstract FRI0030]. Presented at the Annual European Congress of Rheumatology EULAR 2002, June 14, 2002, Stockholm, Sweden., , , , .
- 30International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (1996). ICH harmonised tripartite guideline. Guideline for good clinical practice (topic E6). URL: http://www.ich.org/pdfICH/e6.pdf.
- 37International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (1994). ICH harmonised tripartite guideline. Clinical safety data management: definitions and standards for expedited reporting (topic E2A). URL: http://www.ich.org/pdfICH/e2a.pdf.
- 47Hepatic adverse events and other toxicity during treatment with leflunomide (LEF), methotrexate (MTX), other disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), and combination DMARD therapy: comparison to NSAIDs alone and adjustment for comorbidities. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46 Suppl 9: S166., , , .