Factors associated with attrition of African Americans during the recruitment phase of a clinical trial examining adherence among individuals with rheumatoid arthritis
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 422–428, 15 June 2004
How to Cite
Dunbar-Jacob, J., Holmes, J. L., Sereika, S., Kwoh, C. K., Burke, L. E., Starz, T. W., McCall, M. and Foley, S. M. (2004), Factors associated with attrition of African Americans during the recruitment phase of a clinical trial examining adherence among individuals with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 51: 422–428. doi: 10.1002/art.20411
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2004
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Received: 31 JAN 2003
- NIH-NCNR. Grant Number: RO1-NR02107
- Administrative Supplement from the Office of Research on Women's Health. Grant Number: NR02107-S1
- Center for Research in Chronic Disorders. Grant Number: P30-NR03924
- 10Rheumatoid arthritis: an illustrated guide to pathology, diagnosis, and management. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott; 1988., .
- 11Classification and epidemiology. In: Klippel JH, Dieppe PA, editors. Rheumatology. St. Louis: Mosby; 1994. p. 1–4..
- 12Epidemiology of the rheumatic diseases. In: McCarty DJ, Koopman MJ, editors. Arthritis and allied conditions: a textbook of rheumatology. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger; 1993. p. 17–47..
- 13Arthritis and related affections: clinic, pathology, and treatment. New York: Springer-Verlag; 1993..
- 19Evaluation of a problem-solving intervention for patients with arthritis. Pt Educ Couns 1988; 11: 29–42., , , , .
- 24City of Pittsburgh. 1990 census of population and housing reports. Pittsburgh: Department of City Planning; 1991. p. 22.
- 29Recruitment of older African American and white women for a longitudinal study of skeletal health. J Womens Health 1993; 2: 359–66., , , , , , et al.
- 31Epidemiology of alcohol and drug abuse. In: Lawinson JH, Ruiz P, Millman RB, editors. Substance abuse: a comprehensive textbook. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins; 1992. p. 15–29..
- 32Socioeconomic and demographic correlates of drug and alcohol use: findings from the 1988 and 1990 National Household Surveys on Drug Abuse. Rockville (MD): USDHHS Publication #92-1906; 1992. p. 21–81., , .