Drs. Petri, Kalunian, Ramsey-Goldman, and Strand have served as consultants to Genelabs Technologies, Inc.
Effects of prasterone on disease activity and symptoms in women with active systemic lupus erythematosus†
Results of a multicenter randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 50, Issue 9, pages 2858–2868, September 2004
How to Cite
Petri, M. A., Mease, P. J., Merrill, J. T., Lahita, R. G., Iannini, M. J., Yocum, D. E., Ginzler, E. M., Katz, R. S., Gluck, O. S., Genovese, M. C., Van Vollenhoven, R., Kalunian, K. C., Manzi, S., Greenwald, M. W., Buyon, J. P., Olsen, N. J., Schiff, M. H., Kavanaugh, A. F., Caldwell, J. R., Ramsey-Goldman, R., St. Clair, E. W., Goldman, A. L., Egan, R. M., Polisson, R. P., Moder, K. G., Rothfield, N. F., Spencer, R. T., Hobbs, K., Fessler, B. J., Calabrese, L. H., Moreland, L. W., Cohen, S. B., Quarles, B. J., Strand, V., Gurwith, M. and Schwartz, K. E. (2004), Effects of prasterone on disease activity and symptoms in women with active systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 50: 2858–2868. doi: 10.1002/art.20427
Presented in part at the 64th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology, Philadelphia, PA, November 2000, and at the Annual Meeting of the British Society for Rheumatology, Manchester, UK, April 2003.
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 APR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2003
- Genelabs Technologies, Inc., Redwood City, CA
- 1The clinical presentation of systemic lupus erythematosus. In: WallaceDJ, HahnBH, QuismorioFPJr, KlinenbergJR, editors. Dubois' lupus erythematosus. 5th ed. Baltimore: William & Wilkins; 1997. p. 627–33..
- 16Serum dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and DHEA sulfate are negatively correlated with serum interleukin-6 (IL-6), and DHEA inhibits IL-6 secretion from mononuclear cells in man in vitro: possible link between endocrinosenescence and immunosenescence. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998; 83: 2012–7., , , , , , et al.
- 23GL701 Study Group. Effects of prasterone on corticosteroid requirements of women with systemic lupus erythematosus: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 1820–9., , , , , , et al, for the
- 32Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive summary of the Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001; 285: 2486–97.
- 40Altered function of the hypothalamic stress axes in patients with moderately active systemic lupus erythematosus. II. Dissociation between androstenedione, cortisol, or dehydroepiandrosterone and interleukin 6 or tumor necrosis factor. J Rheumatol 2000; 27: 911–8., , , , , .
- 41Hormonal regulation of complement biosynthesis in human cell lines. II. Upregulation of the biosynthesis of complement components C3, factor B and C1 inhibitor by interleukin-6 and interleukin-1 in human hepatoma cell line. Mol Immunol 1990; 27: 197–201., , , , , .