Efficacy and safety of four doses of lumiracoxib versus diclofenac in patients with knee or hip primary osteoarthritis: A phase II, four-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 549–557, 15 August 2004
How to Cite
Schnitzer, T. J., Beier, J., Geusens, P., Hasler, P., Patel, S. K., Senftleber, I., Gitton, X., Moore, A., Sloan, V. S. and Poór, G. (2004), Efficacy and safety of four doses of lumiracoxib versus diclofenac in patients with knee or hip primary osteoarthritis: A phase II, four-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 51: 549–557. doi: 10.1002/art.20525
- Issue published online: 5 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Received: 31 JAN 2003
- 10The IAP Study group, Miami, FL. Ibuprofen, acetaminophen and placebo in osteoarthritis of the knee: a six-day double-blind study. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42 Suppl 9: S404.,
- 15Preliminary study of the safety and efficacy of SC-58635, a novel cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor: efficacy and safety in two placebo-controlled trials in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, and studies of gastrointestinal and platelet effects. Arthritis Rheum 1998; 41: 1591–602., , , , , , et al.
- 20Rofecoxib, a specific inhibitor of cyclooxygenase 2, with clinical efficacy comparable with that of diclofenac sodium: results of a one-year, randomized, clinical trial in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee and hip. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: 978–87., , , , , , et al.
- 23Reduced risk of upper gastrointestinal ulcer complications with celecoxib, a novel COX-2 inhibitor. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: 1681–90., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 24Reduced incidence of gastroduodenal ulcers with celecoxib, a novel cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, compared to naproxen in patients with arthritis. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 1019–27., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 29FDA. Labeling changes for arthritis drug celebrex. Accessed April 12, 2004. URL: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/2002/ANS01151.html.
- 30FDA. FDA approves new indication and label changes for the arthritis drug, Vioxx. Accessed April 12, 2004. URL: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/2002/ANS01145.html.
- 32Efficacy of COX189 compared to rofecoxib in the treatment of postoperative dental pain: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. World Congress on Pain (WCP); 2002 Aug 17–22; San Diego, California. Abstract 953-P223., , , .
- 37A multiple comparison procedure for comparing several treatments with a control. J Am Stat Assoc 1955; 50: 1096–121..
- 46Présence du diclofénac dans le plasma et le liquide synovial au cours de diverses affections rheumatismales. Gaz Méd Fr 1984; 91: 88–9., , , , .
- 48Effects of diclofenac on synovial eicosanoid product formation in arthritic patients. J Clin Pharmacol 1985; 25: 456., , , .