Drs. St.Clair, van der Heijde, Smolen, Maini, Bathon, Emery, Keystone, and Kalden have received consultancies and/or honoraria from Centocor, Inc., totaling less than $10,000 per year. In 2002, Drs. van der Heijde and Maini gave expert testimony to the FDA hearing on inhibition of structural damage and received a fee. The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology has a patent and a research and licensing agreement from Centocor, Inc., under which it has received royalties for the use of infliximab in rheumatoid arthritis. As a coinventor, Dr. Maini receives a percentage of these royalties under the Kennedy Institute's formula for the division of royalties. Drs. Maini, Wang, DeWoody, Weiss, and Baker own stock in Johnson & Johnson, of which Centocor, Inc., is a subsidiary.
Combination of infliximab and methotrexate therapy for early rheumatoid arthritis: A randomized, controlled trial
Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2004
Copyright © 2004 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 50, Issue 11, pages 3432–3443, November 2004
How to Cite
St. Clair, E. W., van der Heijde, D. M. F. M., Smolen, J. S., Maini, R. N., Bathon, J. M., Emery, P., Keystone, E., Schiff, M., Kalden, J. R., Wang, B., DeWoody, K., Weiss, R., Baker, D. and Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset Study Group (2004), Combination of infliximab and methotrexate therapy for early rheumatoid arthritis: A randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 50: 3432–3443. doi: 10.1002/art.20568
- Issue online: 4 NOV 2004
- Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAR 2004
- Centocor, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson
- 3Evidence of significant radiographic damage in rheumatoid arthritis within the first 2 years of disease. J Rheumatol 1989; 15: 585–91., , , , .
- 29Reliability of measures of disease activity and disease damage in rheumatoid arthritis: implications for smallest detectable difference, minimal clinically important difference, and analysis of treatment effects in randomized controlled trials. J Rheumatol 2001; 28: 892–903., , , , .
- 30Statistical methods. 7th ed. Ames (IA): Iowa State University Press; 1980..
- 37Information for the Arthritis Advisory Committee. Remicade (infliximab). Efficacy and safety review. Centocor. March 4, 2003. URL: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/03/briefing/3930B1_04_A-Centocor-Remicade%20.pdf.