Comprehensive assessment of clinical outcome and quality of life after total elbow arthroplasty
Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 73–82, 15 February 2005
How to Cite
Angst, F., John, M., Pap, G., Mannion, A. F., Herren, D. B., Flury, M., Aeschlimann, A., Schwyzer, H.-K. and Simmen, B. R. (2005), Comprehensive assessment of clinical outcome and quality of life after total elbow arthroplasty. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 53: 73–82. doi: 10.1002/art.20911
- Issue online: 4 FEB 2005
- Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 AUG 2004
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2004
- Georg und Bertha Schwyzer-Winiker Foundation, Zurich, Switzerland
- 6Primary semiconstrained total elbow arthroplasty: survival analysis of 113 consecutive cases. J Bone Joint Surg (Br) 1994; 76B: 636–40., , , , .
- 7Semiconstrained elbow replacement for distal humeral non-union. J Bone Joint Surg (Br) 1995; 77B: 67–72., .
- 10Functional outcome of semiconstrained total elbow arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 2000; 82A: 1379–86., , , , .
- 15SF-36 health survey: manual and interpretation guide. 2nd ed. Lincoln (RI): QualityMetric Incorporated; 2000., , , .
- 16SF-36 Fragebogen zum Gesundheitszustand: Handanweisung. (The SF-36 questionnaire to assess health status: a manual). Göttingen: Hogrefe, 1998., .
- 19The DASH outcome measure: a user's manual. Toronto: Institute for Work & Health; 1999., , .
- 21American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons Web site. URL: http://www3.aaos.org/research/normstdy/main.cfm.
- 25Recommendations for the cross-cultural adaptation of health status measures. Rosemont (IL): American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Institute for Work & Health; 1998., , , .
- 26Cross-cultural adaptation, reliability and validity of the PREE (Patient Rated Elbow Evaluation) for German-speaking patients. J Elbow Hand Surg 2004; in press., , , , , , et al.
- 27American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons. A standardized method for the assessment of the shoulder function. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1994; 3: 347–52., , , , , , et al,
- 28Cross-cultural adaptation, reliability and validity of the mASES (modified American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons) questionnaire for German-speaking patients. J Elbow Hand Surg 2004; in press., , , , , , et al.
- 29Validity of observer-based aggregate scoring systems as descriptor of elbow pain, function, and disability. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 1998; 80A: 154–62., , .
- 30Semiconstrained arthroplasty for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis of the elbow. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 1992; 74A: 479–90., .
- 31Quality of life assessment in osteoarthritis. Expert Rev Pharmacoeconomics Outcome Res 2003; 3: 623–36., , .
- 35World Health Organization (WHO). International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2001. p. 10–20.