Risk factors for functional decline in older adults with arthritis
Version of Record online: 7 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1274–1282, April 2005
How to Cite
Dunlop, D. D., Semanik, P., Song, J., Manheim, L. M., Shih, V. and Chang, R. W. (2005), Risk factors for functional decline in older adults with arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 1274–1282. doi: 10.1002/art.20968
- Issue online: 7 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 7 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 DEC 2004
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2004
- NIH. Grant Number: P60-AR-48098
- National Institute for Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: R01-HD-45412
- National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research
- 2United States Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy people 2010: understanding and improving health. Washington, DC: January 2000.
- 6Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of disabilities and associated health conditions among adults: United States, 1999. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 50: 120–5.
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of self-reported arthritis or chronic joint symptoms among adults: United States, 2001. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2002; 51: 948–50.
- 8Arthritis prevalence and activity limitations, United States, 1990. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1994; 43: 433–8.
- 9Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Public health and aging: projected prevalence of self-reported arthritis or chronic joint symptoms among persons aged < 65 years: United States, 2005–2030. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2003; 52: 489–91.
- 15Technical description of the Health and Retirement Study sample design. Ann Arbor, MI: Population Studies Center; 1995. HRS Documentation Report DR-002., .
- 16Technical description of the Asset and Health Dynamics Among the Oldest Old (AHEAD) Study sample design. Ann Arbor, MI: Population Studies Center; 1995. HRS Documentation Report DR-003..
- 17Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Adults who have never seen a health-care provider for chronic joint symptoms: United States, 2001. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2003; 52: 416–9.
- 18Institute of Medicine. Disability in America: toward a national agenda for prevention. Washington, DC: National Academy of Sciences; 1991.
- 25Health and Retirement Study. Sampling weights revised for tracker 2.0 and beyond. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan, Survey Research Center; 2002.
- 26SUDAAN user's manual release 7.5. Research Triangle Park, NC: Research Triangle Institute; 1997., , .
- 27Analysis of health surveys. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1999., .