Dr. van der Heijde has served as a consultant to and has received less than $10,000 as a speaker for Merck. Dr. Baraf has received less than $10,000 as a speaker for Merck. Dr. Ramos-Remus has received more than $10,000 as a consultant and speaker for Merck. Dr. Weaver has received more than $10,000 as a consultant and speaker for Merck, Amgen, Wyeth, and TAP. Ms James, Ms Markind, and Drs. Reicin and Melian have stock ownership in Merck. Dr. Dougados has received less than $10,000 as a consultant and speaker for Merck.
Evaluation of the efficacy of etoricoxib in ankylosing spondylitis: Results of a fifty-two–week, randomized, controlled study
Article first published online: 7 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1205–1215, April 2005
How to Cite
van der Heijde, D., Baraf, H. S. B., Ramos-Remus, C., Calin, A., Weaver, A. L., Schiff, M., James, M., Markind, J. E., Reicin, A. S., Melian, A. and Dougados, M. (2005), Evaluation of the efficacy of etoricoxib in ankylosing spondylitis: Results of a fifty-two–week, randomized, controlled study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 1205–1215. doi: 10.1002/art.20985
- Issue published online: 7 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 7 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUL 2004
- 4Anti-tumour necrosis factor α therapy for ankylosing spondylitis: international experience. Ann Rheum Dis 2002; 61 Suppl 3: 51–60., , , , , , et al.
- 5Building consensus of nomenclature and disease classification for ankylosing spondylitis: results and discussion of a questionnaire prepared for the International Workshop on New Treatment Strategies in Ankylosing Spondylitis, Berlin, Germany, 18–19 January 2002. Ann Rheum Dis 2002; 61 Suppl 3: 61–7., .
- 7Conventional treatments for ankylosing spondylitis. Ann Rheum Dis 2002; 61 Suppl 3: 40–50., , , , , .
- 12A multinational randomized, controlled, clinical trial of etoricoxib in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. BMC Fam Pract 2002; 3: 10., , , , , , et al.
- 18The gastrointestinal safety of the COX-2 selective inhibitor etoricoxib assessed by both endoscopy and analysis of upper gastrointestinal events. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 1725–33., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 21Fewer GI-related treatment discontinuations with etoricoxib compared with nonselective cyclooxygenase inhibitors (NSAIDs) [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44 Suppl 9: S317., , , , .
- 26SweetmanSC, editor. Naproxen. In: Martindale: the complete drug reference. 33rd ed. London: Pharmaceutical Press; 2002. p. 60–2.
- 32Design and analysis of clinical trials: concepts and methodologies. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 2003., .
- 33Cardiovascular safety summary associated with the etoricoxib development program [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48 Suppl 9: S616., , , .