The groups funding the study (Trial ISRCTN77535030) had no role in study design, data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, or writing of the report.
Effectiveness of manual therapy or pulsed shortwave diathermy in addition to advice and exercise for neck disorders: A pragmatic randomized controlled trial in physical therapy clinics†
Article first published online: 7 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 53, Issue 2, pages 214–222, 15 April 2005
How to Cite
Dziedzic, K., Hill, J., Lewis, M., Sim, J., Daniels, J. and Hay, E. M. (2005), Effectiveness of manual therapy or pulsed shortwave diathermy in addition to advice and exercise for neck disorders: A pragmatic randomized controlled trial in physical therapy clinics. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 53: 214–222. doi: 10.1002/art.21087
- Issue published online: 7 APR 2005
- Article first published online: 7 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2004
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 2004
- Arthritis Research Campaign
- West Midlands R & D NHS (Executive)
- 1Nek-en lage rugklachten. Zesde voortgangsverslag van het epidemiologisch preventief onderzoek. Zoetermeer: Instituut Epidemiologie; 1980. p. 99–109., , , .
- 8Conservative management of mechanical neck disorders. Part two: physical medicine modalities (Cochrane review). The Cochrane Library ed. Oxford: Update Software; 1998., , , .
- 12A pilot study to compare the efficacy of continuous and pulsed magnetic energy (short-wave diathermy) on the relief of low back pain. Physiotherapy 1986; 72: 563–6., , .
- 13The survey of electrotherapeutic modalities: ownership and use in the NHS in England. Physiotherapy 1995; 81: 82–91., , .
- 14Shortwave diathermy. In: KitchenS, BazinS, editors. Clayton's electrotherapy. 10th ed. London: WB Saunders; 1996. p. 154–78..
- 17Review of shortwave diathermy continuous and pulsed patterns. Physiotherapy 1992; 78: 243–52., .
- 18Dosage of some pulsed shortwave clinical trials. Physiotherapy 1995; 81: 611–6..
- 21Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. Priorities for physiotherapy research: 1997: results of a consultation exercise. London: Chartered Society of Physiotherapy; 1998.
- 23Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. Guidelines of good practice in electrotherapy. London: Chartered Society of Physiotherapy; 1998.
- 27Office for National Statistics. The National Statistics Socio-Economic Classification. London: HMSO; 2002.
- 33The bioclassification of non-specific low back pain: a systematic review. Phys Ther Rev 2004; 9: 17–30., , , , .