Dr. Klareskog has received consulting fees of less than $10,000 from Wyeth-Ayerst, Schering-Plough, AstraZeneca, Abbott Immunology, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, and Biogen IDEC.
Risk and case characteristics of tuberculosis in rheumatoid arthritis associated with tumor necrosis factor antagonists in Sweden†
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 7, pages 1986–1992, July 2005
How to Cite
Askling, J., Fored, C. M., Brandt, L., Baecklund, E., Bertilsson, L., Cöster, L., Geborek, P., Jacobsson, L. T., Lindblad, S., Lysholm, J., Rantapää-Dahlqvist, S., Saxne, T., Romanus, V., Klareskog, L. and Feltelius, N. (2005), Risk and case characteristics of tuberculosis in rheumatoid arthritis associated with tumor necrosis factor antagonists in Sweden. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 1986–1992. doi: 10.1002/art.21137
The authors were solely responsible for all data collection, analysis, and writing of the manuscript.
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 11 NOV 2004
- Swedish Cancer Society
- AFA Insurance Company
- Abbott Immunology
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- King Gustav V
- Österlund and Kock Foundations
- 1Role of tumour necrosis factor (TNF) in host defence against tuberculosis: implications for immunotherapies targeting TNF. Ann Rheum Dis 2003; 62 Suppl 2 : ii37–42..
- 6CDC. Tuberculosis associated with blocking agents against tumor necrosis factor-α, California, 2002–2003. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2004; 53: 683–6.
- 8BIOBADASER Group. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors may predispose to significant increase in tuberculosis risk: a multicenter active-surveillance report. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 2122–7., , , , , on behalf of the
- 11CDC. Reported tuberculosis in the United States, 2003. Atlanta: CDC, Department of Health and Human Services; September 2004.
- 12The World Health Organization Web site. URL: www.who.int.
- 13Patientregistret 1987–1996 kvalitet och innehåll. Stockholm: Epidemiologiskt Centrum, Socialstyrelsen; 1998.
- 14The person-number systems of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Israel. Vital Health Stat 2 1980; 2: 1–59., , , , .
- 19The Swedish Tuberculosis Index. Stockholm: The Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control; 2000.
- 21Disease activity, but not DMARD use, increases the risk for malignant lymphoma in rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control study of 378 RA lymphoma patients. Ann Rheum Dis 2004; 63: Supp l1: 103., , , , , , et al.