Systemic lupus erythematosus in a multiethnic US cohort (LUMINA): XXV. Smoking, older age, disease activity, lupus anticoagulant, and glucocorticoid dose as risk factors for the occurrence of venous thrombosis in lupus patients
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 7, pages 2060–2068, July 2005
How to Cite
Calvo-Alén, J., Toloza, S. M. A., Fernández, M., Bastian, H. M., Fessler, B. J., Roseman, J. M., McGwin, G., Vilá, L. M., Reveille, J. D., Alarcón, G. S. and LUMINA Study Group (2005), Systemic lupus erythematosus in a multiethnic US cohort (LUMINA): XXV. Smoking, older age, disease activity, lupus anticoagulant, and glucocorticoid dose as risk factors for the occurrence of venous thrombosis in lupus patients. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 2060–2068. doi: 10.1002/art.21149
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 APR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 14 DEC 2004
- NIH. Grant Number: R01-AR-42503
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: M01-RR-02558
- General Clinical Research Centers to the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Grant Number: M01-RR-00032
- National Center for Research Resources to the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- RCMI Clinical Research Infrastructure Initiative. Grant Number: 1P20RR11126
- University of Puerto Rico
- Mary Kirkland Scholar Award Program
- PANLAR Fellowship Program
- 15Detection of lupus-like anticoagulants (LA): use of hexagonal phosphatidylethanolamine and of an APTT reagent sensitive to LA. Thromb Haemost 1991; 65: 2023., , .
- 24Smoking is a risk factor for musculoskeletal, pulmonary and cardiac disease in systemic lupus erythematosus [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40 Suppl 9: S118..
- 25Cutaneous manifestations of SLE: associations with other manifestations of SLE and with smoking [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 1995; 38 Suppl 6: R27., , .
- 49Systemic lupus erythematosus in a multiethnic cohort (LUMINA): XXVIII. Factors predictive of thrombotic events. J Rheumatol. In press., , , , , , et al.
- 52Hormone replacement therapy is not a risk factor for vascular arterial events in systemic lupus erythematosus and it does not negatively impact on disease activity: data from a large multi-ethnic cohort [abstract]. Lupus 2005; 14: 220., , , , , , et al.