Dr. Cronstein has received consulting fees (less than $10,000 each) from Can-Fite BioPharma, Merck, Amgen, TAP Pharmaceuticals, and King Pharmaceuticals, owns stock in Can-Fite BioPharma, and holds patents for adenosine receptor agonists for the promotion of wound healing (nos. 5,932,558 and 6,020,321) and adenosine A2A receptor agonists for treating and preventing hepatic fibrosis, cirrhosis, and fatty liver (no. 6,555,545) (all licensed to King Pharmaceuticals).
Genetically based resistance to the antiinflammatory effects of methotrexate in the air-pouch model of acute inflammation
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 8, pages 2567–2575, August 2005
How to Cite
Delano, D. L., Montesinos, M. C., Desai, A., Wilder, T., Fernandez, P., D'Eustachio, P., Wiltshire, T. and Cronstein, B. N. (2005), Genetically based resistance to the antiinflammatory effects of methotrexate in the air-pouch model of acute inflammation. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 2567–2575. doi: 10.1002/art.21208
- Issue online: 29 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 APR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 22 NOV 2004
- NIH. Grant Numbers: AR-41911, AA-13336, GM-56268
- King Pharmaceuticals, a General Clinical Research Center grant. Grant Number: M01-RR-00096
- Kaplan Cancer Center of New York University School of Medicine
- 5Polymorphisms in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene were associated with both the efficacy and the toxicity of methotrexate used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, as evidenced by single locus and haplotype analyses. Pharmacogenetics 2002; 12: 183–90., , , , , , et al.
- 10Reversal of the antiinflammatory effects of methotrexate by the nonselective adenosine receptor antagonists theophylline and caffeine: evidence that the antiinflammatory effects of methotrexate are mediated via multiple adenosine receptors in rat adjuvant arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: 656–63., , , , , .
- 17Genetic mapping in mice. In: BirrenB, GreenE, HieterP, editors. Genome analysis: a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor (NY): Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press; 1998. p. 71–131., .
- 21Salicylates and sulfasalazine, but not glucocorticoids, inhibit leukocyte accumulation by an adenosine-dependent mechanism that is independent of inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis and p105 of NFκB. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1999; 96: 6377–81., , .
- 28Polyglutamation of methotrexate with common polymorphisms in reduced folate carrier, aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase, and thymidylate synthase are associated with methotrexate effects in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 2766–74., , , , , , et al.