Drs. Oddis and Rider contributed equally to this work.
International consensus guidelines for trials of therapies in the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies†
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 9, pages 2607–2615, September 2005
How to Cite
Oddis, C. V., Rider, L. G., Reed, A. M., Ruperto, N., Brunner, H. I., Koneru, B., Feldman, B. M., Giannini, E. H. and Miller, F. W. (2005), International consensus guidelines for trials of therapies in the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 2607–2615. doi: 10.1002/art.21291
The opinions contained in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the institutions they represent or the United States Public Health Service.
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2005
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 26 JAN 2005
- NIH. Grant Number: AR-48349-01
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- the National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke
- the UK Myositis Support Group
- The Myositis Association
- 4Guidance for industry: clinical development programs for drugs, devices, and biological products for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). US Department of Health and Human Services Food and Drug Administration; 1999. p. 1–47.
- 6Paediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organization and the Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group. Preliminary core sets of measures for disease activity and damage assessment in juvenile systemic lupus erythematosus and juvenile dermatomyositis [review]. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2003; 42: 1452–9., , , , , , et al, and the
- 8International Myositis Assessment and Clinical Studies Group. Defining clinical improvement in adult and juvenile myositis [review]. J Rheumatol 2003; 30: 603–17., , , , , , et al, and the
- 35Group techniques for program planning: a guide to nominal group and Delphi processes. Glenville (IL): Scott, Foresman; 1975., , .
- 38Inflammatory myopathies: polymyositis, dermatomyositis, and related conditions. In: KoopmanW, MorelandL, editors. Arthritis and allied conditions: a textbook of rheumatology. 15th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2004. p. 1593–620..
- 39International Myositis and Clinical Studies Group. International consensus outcome measures for patients with idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: development and initial validation of myositis activity and damage indices in patients with adult onset disease [review]. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2003; 42: 49–54., , , , , , et al, and the
- 42Guidance for industry: E10 choice of control group and related issues in clinical trials. US Department of Health and Human Services Food and Drug Administration; 2001. p. 1–33.