The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not represent those of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Racial/ethnic differences in surgical outcomes in veterans following knee or hip arthroplasty†
Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 10, pages 3143–3151, October 2005
How to Cite
Ibrahim, S. A., Stone, R. A., Han, X., Cohen, P., Fine, M. J., Henderson, W. G., Khuri, S. F. and Kwoh, C. K. (2005), Racial/ethnic differences in surgical outcomes in veterans following knee or hip arthroplasty. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 3143–3151. doi: 10.1002/art.21304
- Issue online: 30 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 7 FEB 2005
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Arthritis Foundation, Western Pennsylvania Branch
- VA Health Services Research and Development Office
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Harold Amos Faculty Development Award
- 6National Institutes of Health. Consensus development conference statement: total knee replacement. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health; 2003.
- 7Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. Trends in hospital procedures on black patients and white patients: 1980–1987. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; 1994. Publication 94-0003.
- 8Total knee replacement: evidence report/technology assessment no. 86 (prepared by the Minnesota Evidence-Based Practice Center, Minneapolis, MN). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2003. AHRQ Publication 04-E0006-2., , , , , , et al.
- 18Understanding ethnic differences in the utilization of joint replacement for osteoarthritis: the role of patient-level factors. Med Care 2002; 40 Suppl 1: I44–51., , , .
- 32GLLAMM mannual: technical report 2001/01. London: Department of Biostatistics and Computing, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College; 2001., , .