Hospitalizations attributable to arthritis, smoking, and hypertension: A comparison based on NHEFS and NHANES III
Article first published online: 4 AUG 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 543–548, 15 August 2005
How to Cite
Harris, D. M. and Russell, L. B. (2005), Hospitalizations attributable to arthritis, smoking, and hypertension: A comparison based on NHEFS and NHANES III. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 53: 543–548. doi: 10.1002/art.21316
- Issue published online: 4 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 4 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 10 JUN 2004
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Grant Numbers: HS07002, HS11477
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of disabilities and associated health conditions among adults: United States, 1999 [published erratum appears in MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001;50:149]. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 50: 120–5.
- 10US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy people 2010: objectives for improving health. 2nd ed. Washington (DC): US Government Printing Office; 2000.
- 11Econometric analysis. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River (NJ): Prentice Hall; 2000. p. 880..
- 17National High Blood Pressure Education Program Coordinating Committee. The seventh report of the joint national committee on prevention, detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure: the JNC 7 report [published erratum appears in JAMA 2003;290:197]. JAMA 2003; 289: 2560–72., , , , , , et al, and the
- 18Projecting the consequences of better health for older adults: final report. National Technical Information Service; 2003 Jan. Report No.: PB2004106785., .
- 192000 National Hospital Discharge Survey: advance data from vital and health statistics; no 329. Hyattsville (MD): National Center for Health Statistics; 2002, .
- 20Prevention effectiveness: a guide to decision analysis and economic evaluation. New York: Oxford; 1996., , , .
- 24Impact of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions on the health-care system: United States, 1997. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1999; 48: 349–53..
- 27Arthritis Foundation, Association of State and Territorial Health Officers, CDC. National arthritis action plan: a public health strategy. Atlanta (GA): Arthritis Foundation; 1999.