Drs. Goekoop-Ruiterman and de Vries-Bouwstra contributed equally to this work.
Clinical and radiographic outcomes of four different treatment strategies in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (the BeSt study): A randomized, controlled trial
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 52, Issue 11, pages 3381–3390, November 2005
How to Cite
Goekoop-Ruiterman, Y. P. M., De Vries-Bouwstra, J. K., Allaart, C. F., Van Zeben, D., Kerstens, P. J. S. M., Hazes, J. M. W., Zwinderman, A. H., Ronday, H. K., Han, K. H., Westedt, M. L., Gerards, A. H., Van Groenendael, J. H. L. M., Lems, W. F., Van Krugten, M. V., Breedveld, F. C. and Dijkmans, B. A. C. (2005), Clinical and radiographic outcomes of four different treatment strategies in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (the BeSt study): A randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 52: 3381–3390. doi: 10.1002/art.21405
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Received: 14 MAR 2005
- Dutch College of Health Insurances
- Schering-Plough BV
- Centocor Inc.
- 6Reevaluating the therapeutic approach to rheumatoid arthritis: the “sawtooth” strategy. J Rheumatol 1990; 17: 12–5..
- 8Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug use according to the ‘sawtooth’ treatment strategy improves the functional outcome in rheumatoid arthritis: results of a long-term follow-up study with review of the literature. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2000; 39: 34–42., , .
- 20TEMPO (Trial of Etanercept and Methotrexate with Radiographic Patient Outcomes) study investigators. Therapeutic effect of the combination of etanercept and methotrexate compared with each treatment alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2004; 363: 675–81., , , , , , et al, and the
- 26Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .